FPV iOS issue

Reaction score
Finally got the gimbal issue sorted but now I'm getting weird disconnections on my plus I never got on my old vision :( see pics attached, the minute u walk a couple of feet away from my phantom or start to fly I get disconnected, any advice please guys??

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Images

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399480772.268418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399480772.268418.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 674
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399480785.084623.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399480785.084623.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 658
RobFallen said:
Finally got the gimbal issue sorted but now I'm getting weird disconnections on my plus I never got on my old vision :( see pics attached, the minute u walk a couple of feet away from my phantom or start to fly I get disconnected, any advice please guys??

Just a guess, but check your wi-fi connection to make sure it still says Phantom xxx and not some other wi-fi name.

it does but it keeps dropping it, will try again tomorrow in flight mode and try with my ipad mini to see if there is any difference

RobFallen said:
it does but it keeps dropping it, will try again tomorrow in flight mode and try with my ipad mini to see if there is any difference

Dirty Bird had posted a fix for this on the theory that your phone is defaulting back to your home wi-fi, looks like you are in your backyard? Try forgetting your home wi-fi while you are near your house, that will make the phantom the strongest signal it sees.

That might be the problem but yesterday I was a good half mile from the house and it was doing the same :/ clear open area

Rob, I am having the same issues, except that mine now won't produce a wifi network. Already tried airplane mode, different mobile devices, different wifi repeater, binding, you name it. Do someone knows where the P2V+ produces wifi? I have been calling DJI but no luck. At this stage I rather open up the V+ and try to fix it myself. Maybe something went loose inside the P2V+

I'm hoping nothing is loose :( will try some tests tomorrow

Do anyone knows where is the antenna that connects to the wifi? Where its located? I know in the first Vision, it was in the camera.

Pantrax said:
Do anyone knows where is the antenna that connects to the wifi? Where its located? I know in the first Vision, it was in the camera.

The PV+ FPV antennas are in the battery compartment. Remove your battery and look inside. You'll see one on either side.

Dirty Bird said:
Pantrax said:

The PV+ FPV antennas are in the battery compartment. Remove your battery and look inside. You'll see one on either side.

Phantom stopped connecting to Wifi after a very small crash. Gimbal and camera are working fine. Do you think something might be damaged or loose inside the phantom? Wifi Repeater only shows a network when I press reset. I already tried with a different wifi repeater and different mobile devices.

Pantrax said:
Phantom stopped connecting to Wifi after a very small crash. Gimbal and camera are working fine. Do you think something might be damaged or loose inside the phantom? Wifi Repeater only shows a network when I press reset. I already tried with a different wifi repeater and different mobile devices.

Check the little connectors on the front top of the gimbal. Make sure they are completely seated. If they are, next step would be to open the Phantom and check the same cables where they connect inside the Phantom.

Still no luck....

Let's see what DJI has to say.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    149.3 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    248.1 KB · Views: 447
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    300 KB · Views: 389
This may be due to other wifi on the same frequency. Go somewhere away from houses and businesses and try it.

Looks like the phone connects to the Extender, but the Extender isn't connecting to the Vision+. There is a a procedure described in the Vision+ manual for binding the Wi-Fi Extender to the Vision+ (in the event you had to replace a component). Have you tried that procedure? My diagnosis, based upon what I know, is either a wire isn't connected, the Vision+ isn't bound to the Extender, or the Wi-Fi in the Vision+ has failed.

Dirty Bird said:
Looks like the phone connects to the Extender, but the Extender isn't connecting to the Vision+. There is a a procedure described in the Vision+ manual for binding the Wi-Fi Extender to the Vision+ (in the event you had to replace a component). Have you tried that procedure? My diagnosis, based upon what I know, is either a wire isn't connected, the Vision+ isn't bound to the Extender, or the Wi-Fi in the Vision+ has failed.

I already tried binding it but that didn't work. The weird thing is that the extender won't produce a wifi network unless I hit the reset button. Then when I finally bind the Extender to the Phantom, the network disappears and won't let me join it again unless I reset the Extender and repeat the whole process again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers