Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently purchased an FPV monitor and tx however, I am currently experiencing interference with the set up I have.

I have a Flysight Black Pearl 5.8ghz monitor, ImmersionRC 25mW 5.8ghz, Fat Shark spironet CP antennas. I have soldered all of these onto the my Phantom 2 connecting up to a GoPro Hero 4 Black on a zenmuse gimbal.

The issue I have is that there are constantly white interference lines on the monitor as well as this, the greater the distance, the image jumps every now and then. This video shows the problem though it is even worse in real life.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I believe that my phantom 2 also has the upgraded controller which made me question if the 5.8ghz of the controller was interfering with the tx but I have tried with the controller turned off and still these bars appear.

Many thanks in advance,
Will

Have you flown from the same spot every time? I had a similar setup with my P2. I used the quick connect wires you can buy on eBay or Amazon rather than soldering and everything worked great. Sometimes when I was testing the unit in m house I got some interference from something, but when I got outside it all cleared up. Must have been something in my house. I would suggest trying to fly in a different location to get away from any interference you may be near. You can also try flying on a different channel. You should be able to change the channel on the video transmitter and then find the matching channel on the monitor.

Hi,
Yes from the same spot every time. I decided to leave the controller in a different place to the monitor and the white bars disappeared. My only guess is that the controller is interfering with the tx signal. Is there an solution to this? I would prefer to mount my monitor to the controller than on a separate tripod.

Thanks,
Will

I always had my monitor mounted on my controller with no issue. I would try a different channel. There should be some small toggle switches to change the channel on that transmitter if I remember correctly. There should be some paperwork that came with the transmitter than tells you how to change the channels if you don't know how...pretty simple. Then find the matching channel on the monitor....Side not..make sure you never power up the P2 without an antenna on the transmitter...it could burn it up and then you need a new transmitter.

Try to think of things around you that might cause interference when you're flying. I live in a rural area. I've been close to an electric fence for livestock when flying and gotten interference...just moved away from the fence and it went away. Some cheap LED lights give off interference...maybe Christmas lights if you're Near them...Move around while you're out flying or go to a different place entirely to rule out outside interference. Once that is ruled out and you've tried a couple different channels you might have to go back and look at the solders.

Do you have the 32 channel or the 7 channel black pearl? I had the 7 channel. From what I recall the 7 channel was better matched to the Transmitter I used.

I assume yoou have the interference board installed for the Zenmuse? Could there be an issue with the soldering? I had the same issue, but what fixed it for me was upgrading antennas further... meaning I got a 13dBi patch antenna for my Black Pearl, and a short Circular Wireless planar antenna for my Phantom. I have the 7-channel Black Pearl, but my Immersion is the 600mW. Make sure the antenna on the Phantom is pointing down to the ground.

There are also a bunch of posts that have a link to a YouTube video explaining antenna orientation. Hope this all helped...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen