FPV interference from radio transmitter?

Reaction score
I have a short range on my FPV setup which consists of a DJI AVL58 and a monitor with a built-in dual receiver, the AVL58 has a cloverleaf antenna and the receiver has the two original antennas. I also have lines running up the screen all the time regardless of the distance between the screen and the Phantom 2.

Can it be the radio transmitter that interferes with the FPV setup even though they are on different frequencies? Since i noticed that when i increase the throttle power the picture flickers a bit on the screen sometimes.

Or can it be the location of my AVL58 and my FPV Hub board and my iosd mini that causes the short range and the interference's? All three of these units are placed exactly beside each other under the Phantom 2, all three of them actually touches each other (it was a question of too short cables that came with the FPV Hub kit).

I have a feeling that the AVL58 doesn't have the best range, or am i wrong? I get a range of about 460 feet before the picture starts to flicker, and at about 650 feet the picture is totally gone.

I know the antennas makes a lot of difference and i have ordered a couple of cloverleaf antennas for the receiver, but shouldn't the range be a bit better than mine is even with the original antennas? And besides i have these lines running up the screen even if i stand with the monitor an inch from the Phantom 2. Somebody said in another thread that he had put some scotch tape on two of the pins on the mini USB cable that goes to the GoPro, but that didn't help for me, the picture on the monitor disappeared totally instead of it only skipping the charging of the GoPro as said in the thread.

Some input would be much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost