FPV install question

Reaction score
I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway...

I am putting together the parts for an FPV setup, and I'll be able to grab all of the parts right now, except for the Black Pearl monitor. I assume I can still install all of the other pieces (transmitter, iOSD) before getting the monitor, correct? And I do know that I NEED to have the antenna installed on the transmitter when my P2 is powered on...

Yeah mahn, get your bird all dressed up. Then show your work off by posting a pic to this thread! It does help to have monitor or goggles on hand to see if your install worked. You could take it to your local hobby shop they would prob be willing to fire up a monitor for you go check

Thanks for the reply. There isn't a store around me that would probably have a monitor to use. There is going to be Rhode Island's first drone store opening in a few weeks, but I may have the monitor by then. Maybe I should just wait and get it all at once...

Thanks for the reply. There isn't a store around me that would probably have a monitor to use. There is going to be Rhode Island's first drone store opening in a few weeks, but I may have the monitor by then. Maybe I should just wait and get it all at once...

If you intend to fly before the monitor comes in just make sure the antenna is mounted on the TX.

I'm guessing that was a joke from jason??
What kinda flying ya doin ken? Clear fpv for pictures or souped up antennas for distance tests? What kinda gears on your wishlist

I'm a sports photographer, so I'd like to get it in my workflow somehow. I shoot minor league baseball, but MiLB rules state that I can't fly at ballparks, so that's out.. lol. The team would probably give me permission too. During the day I am a computer tech for a school department, and I shoot their high school, sports, so I would love to work it in there somehow. And my 8 year old son is loving it, so the father/son thing is a bonus...

Its tough flying blind, so I would actually like to see what I'm shooting... lol

Was looking at the ImmersionRC 600, iOSD Mini, the Black Pearl 7-channel display, and also the cable that they have so you don't have to solder.

I wouldn't mind having the Phantom as a selling point for my photography, I already dazzled my school department with aerial shots of their high school (flying blind... lol)

My Flickr, if anyone is interested...

Ken Jancef

Cool stuff! I love the phantom 2 for the compatability with combinations of fpv products and the gopro is a great camera, this is going to sound like everyone elses advise, but just know that i own and fly all models of phantoms, the phantom 3 advanced is EXACTLY what will work best for you for what you described!
I have one and still dont fly it 1/2 as much as my phantom 2's & V+. But the camera is superior to any combo of transmitters,camera,&monitor i can build! That and the fact you can fly it in a gymnasium. 1000$ is nuts but you can use it for your camera needs & keep your skills honed with the one you own now. Food for thought!

I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway...

I am putting together the parts for an FPV setup, and I'll be able to grab all of the parts right now, except for the Black Pearl monitor. I assume I can still install all of the other pieces (transmitter, iOSD) before getting the monitor, correct? And I do know that I NEED to have the antenna installed on the transmitter when my P2 is powered on...
Go for it

I'm still new to this but sorry for the silly question but it's my only way of gathering information and learning but what exactly does the immersion RC 600 do??

Not a silly question. It's a video transmitter. It sends video from the camera installed on your Phantom to a monitor on the ground, usually mounted on your controller, or on a tripod. And you can also install a unit called iOSD Mini, which will send data to your monitor as well, like vertical height, distance from home point, Phantom battery level, stuff like that. It's really cool when you put it all together. My kit is all together, just fighting issues with interference on the monitor right now.

sorry.. wrong video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers