Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV Increase GoPro

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by dotcom, Mar 4, 2015.

1. dotcom

Hi! Im looking to increase my FPV to the GoPro Hero 3 White and I don't want to spend that much money. What do you guys recommend?

2. loganboyd

I do not understand this question.
    Do you currently have any FPV components?
    Do you currently have a GoPro Hero?
    What do you mean by increase your FPV?

3. lake_flyer

Let me guess....

You are currently using the Gopro App on your smartphone with wifi? I assume you are using a FC40 on 5.8GHz since we're at the FC40 forum here.

I wouldn't really bother to increase the wifi range, the gopro wifi has way too much lag to use as FPV solution. But if you want, do a search here or on youtube. There are lots of folks using wifi repeaters to extend the range considerably, although everybody I know here uses the FC40 cam on wifi, unless they have a regular FPV Tx/Rx system.

A decent FPV setup will set you back for at least 250 bucks [edit: make that 300] for a video transmitter 2,4GHz, 1.2Ghz or 900Mhz, a receiver, a screen, a screen mount and battery. You can take the FPV image from the gopro on your screen and reach distances over 2 km with the proper antennae.

4. Mattsimok

Wait a sec! I thought that was big no, no? I thought you aren't supposed to use the wifi feature of the gopro while flying? Is this not true????

5. Fuji-Flyer

The FC40 as with Phantom 2 plus uses 5.8Ghz for flight control and the Wifi is normally 2.8Ghz I believe, so will only affect Phantom 1 & 2 users who have a 2.4Ghz controller