FPV ImmersionRC compatibility?

Reaction score
Dear Pilots,

I've been flying the Phantom 2 with H3-2D and GoPro happily for a month now, it's all working as it should.
Recently I decided to add FPV, mainly to frame the shots better. I went for the following setup:

- DJI OSD mini
- Flysight Black Pearl 7" diversity RX (with the 2 standard antenna's)
- ImmersionRC 600mw TX (standard antenna)

I soldered all the wires, and matched the channels on the TX and RX and the video indeed emerged on the screen when powered (with OSD).
So, the image was there but it displayed some rolling lines and some color-changing artifacts and sometimes short loss of complete image.
The range was no further than a couple of meters/yards when this occured. When increasing distance further the image became worse. Performing a testflight the image was lost at aproximately 80 meters of distance.

I then soldered the immersionrc TX directly to videofeed wires coming direcly out of the Phantom to exclude any bad wiring on the OSD-mini side but the issue persisted. Just now I came accross some threads here that mention a bad compatibility between the ImmersionRC and the Black pearl.

So my questions are:
- Is this indeed a bad combination (or should I check my soldering/wiring)?
- If so, why is it incompatible (immersionrc protocol/encoding difference?)
- And if indeed incompatible, what vTX can you recommend instead?

I can provide pictures if nessescary.
Thanks in advance for any help, would be much appreciated!

Adrian.

BP and ImmersionRC 600mw do not match very well, just try to get a better antennas, you will get a better results, next time search for the Boscam gear, works better with both googles and LCDs...

The 32 ch blackpearl uses RP-SMA antennas so if that's what you have that may be the problem.

That is the setup I use and have gone out 1000m with it.

Tom

tom3holer said:
The 32 ch blackpearl uses RP-SMA antennas so if that's what you have that may be the problem.

That is the setup I use and have gone out 1000m with it.

Tom

They do make an SMA version, which also has channels (only 8, not 32 like the other version) tuned to work better with Immersion/FatShark gear...but yes a lot of people end up with the RP-SMA version without knowing that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr