Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV: I need some help choosing and knowing what to buy!

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by hongkaakon, Jul 30, 2014.

1. hongkaakon

Hello!
    Phantom 2 - Zenmuse H3-3D GoPro 3black here!

Ive been roaming this forum back and forth, and it seems like every drone pilot has different uses, and therefore all the different setups etc..
    I really enjoy making films, editing and shooting. This Aerial world is kind of new to me with all the technical stuff..

So, my case is: Im a hobby film maker, I want to know what Im filming when in the air.
    I want a good setup, not something cheap with a low range or poor quality.
    I need an FPV which is really accurate and no lag.
    "Screen vs Goggles", dont really care - goggles look cool, dont know if it will make a difference :p

Can you, kind Sir, please tell me: "You need to buy *THIS*, and *THIS*... Also, if you want really good *BLABLA* purchase *THAT ONE* " ?

Im from Norway and I would like to buy online.
    Any recommendations on which store to buy this from?

I published my first test movie yesterday, and I see a lot of potensial with an FPV setup when looking at my movie.
    ( i published the video here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21709

Thank you for taking the time and helping me out, I really appriciate it!
    also: very sorry if theres an answer to this somewhere and it is already answered!

Hong Kaakon

2. QYV

QYV

this is pretty much the most common question in this forum, I'm surprised you couldn't find any other threads to read through ;)

I'm going to try to help you get started with some core principles, copy/pasted from another thread:
    Honestly, the ImmersionRC family of equipment while slightly more expensive is easier. The "immersion rc 600mW" transmitter that tons of people use draws less power the Boscam and there are pre-made cables from firstpersonview.com (or .co.uk) so that you can install a system with no cable patching or soldering at all.

You're almost certainly going to want to include an iOSD Mini to the setup so you can see tons of useful information on the FPV display.

The only thing I can't really advise on is the display screen to get with the iRC transmitter. There's a few options and there's some debate which ones work well or not... I don't pay close attention to those threads since I'm in the Boscam family of equipment.

ps. if you go with a display (vs goggles) you'll probably want a cool monitor mount like this one, it's really great

3. TeamYankee

4. hongkaakon

Wow! Thank you guys! And again, sorry for lack of looking-skills! This helps out alot!

I will (try to) search better next time!