Fpv i interference from transmitter

That is interesting to know... I wonder why the patch antenna resolves the issue. Perhaps it blocks the harmonics somehow?

I am still going with the adapters, because I am using a Helaxial58 antenna and SPW58 skew planar from circular wireless. I want to use both of those for diversity.

I hope they work, and we all want to hear your thoughts. It will be a good thing to know just in case. And I'm not too well-versed in antenna technology, but I have been reading/watching. Not sure why the patch helps either, maybe someone else can chime in. I know that there's a great YouTube video about antenna technology that I've seen, and it helps to explain it. I can't find the link,but it's been posted here a bunch of times in the past few weeks.

I hope they work, and we all want to hear your thoughts. It will be a good thing to know just in case. And I'm not too well-versed in antenna technology, but I have been reading/watching. Not sure why the patch helps either, maybe someone else can chime in. I know that there's a great YouTube video about antenna technology that I've seen, and it helps to explain it. I can't find the link,but it's been posted here a bunch of times in the past few weeks.

Basically all you need to know is that the helical antenna is a directional one with VERY long range. When you point it directly at the quad either in front of you or into the sky, you are going to be able to go for miles.

The skew planar is an omnidirectional one. Great if you're gonna be flying behind you or within a moderate range. I know it, too, can go pretty far.

Attachments

• IMG_3245.JPG
    IMG_3245.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3246.JPG
    IMG_3246.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 271
Basically all you need to know is that the helical antenna is a directional one with VERY long range. When you point it directly at the quad either in front of you or into the sky, you are going to be able to go for miles.

The skew planar is an omnidirectional one. Great if you're gonna be flying behind you or within a moderate range. I know it, too, can go pretty far.

Makes sense. I might get a planar like the one you showed. I hate bending mine, the one on my Phantom, so I got the 90-degree adapter, but the antenna is too long so it hits the ground. It's maybe an inch or two too long.

Makes sense. I might get a planar like the one you showed. I hate bending mine, the one on my Phantom, so I got the 90-degree adapter, but the antenna is too long so it hits the ground. It's maybe an inch or two too long.
Phantoms have short legs don't they? I have a 350qx and it has long legs. On mine I have it angled down because that's the best for general flying (out straight is best for cloud busting - don't ask me why, that's illegal in most countries anyway ;)).

My buddy flew the same kind of quadcopter I have attached here in this video using the helical/helaxial58. He had his stuff mounted on a tripod though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
The band pass filters by the ant-kings finally arrived and seem to be working. :) The only thing I do not know, however, is if there are any adverse effects on long ranges yet...

Okay. So after using it a little more I think they may HELP but they still don't solve the problem completely.

This is some of the glitching I'm noticing with the band pass filter. I don't notice it in close range really but as you get farther, it's a problem. Here I attempt to put it real close like ant king people do and it glitches...

Compare the ant kings:

to mine:

And here is a flight today on the tripod alone, the band pass filters are attached. I was fairly up there, so I don't see any range loss from them alone, but do they solve this issue really? Not satisfactory...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic