Fpv i interference from transmitter

Reaction score
I finally got around to mounting my monitor to my transmitter for FPV, I have a diversity 32-channel monitor and ever since I mounted it to the transmitter I am getting interference in the form of lines, I was wondering if I change the channels on my FPV transmitter and monitor would that help with this issue? If not does anyone else have any suggestions that may help?

Reactions: JohnCC
Might be that you have your monitor set to the wrong video setting. Try changing it from ntsc to pal and see if that fixes it. If you were getting poor video from bad signal it would be like old TV noise not plain lines. Try the ntsc/pal and let me know how it goes.

See that's the strange thing,it works fine when I remove the monitor from the mount and keep it like one and a half to two feet away from the transmitter. The moment I attach the monitor back to the transmitter the lines appear when I arm the drone and begin to fly, while flying I remove the monitor from the transmitter and the lines go away. I haven't tried changing the channels on the video transmitter yet because I wasn't sure if that would help

To be fair maybe just try playing around with the channels then. You may have some harmonics clashing a little. I assume you have a normal phantom? Not an fc40 or a nodded vision series which use 5.8ghz for control which is what most fpv works on?

Sorry I should have gave that information yes its a phantom 2 version 2. I guess I will try playing around with the channels I read something about an interference board that shouldn't have anything to do with this correct? as I do not have one installed

Certainly not the problems you have described. What is your antenna orientation?

Sorry guys, super newbie at this, couldn't tell you other than they are the straight stock antennas on both the transmitter and the monitor the one on the drone is pointing straight down in the two monitors are straight up. The only reason why I was confused is when I move the monitor 2 feet from the transmitter everything is fine I did try to change channels on the vtx and I'm still having the same issue

Reactions: JohnCC
Sorry guys, super newbie at this, couldn't tell you other than they are the straight stock antennas on both the transmitter and the monitor the one on the drone is pointing straight down in the two monitors are straight up. The only reason why I was confused is when I move the monitor 2 feet from the transmitter everything is fine I did try to change channels on the vtx and I'm still having the same issue

There really isn't much you can do except mount the monitor on a tripod and changing antennas or channels will not help. De

I guess you're probably right, it's just disheartening seeing that some people are able to get it to work with it mounted on the transmitter

Just wanted to say that I have a setup similar to yours, not DJI products but still having the exact same effect. I'm using the Black Pearl 32ch monitor set to channel 6 and TS832 set to channel 36. With the Black Pearl mounted on top of my transmitter, the range is bad. If I keep my transmitter far away enough from the monitor, everything is fine. I have no idea how people make this work when I consistently run tests and confirm this is the issue.

I have quanum v2 goggles that also experience the issue when my transmitter is too close and if I'm not using a helical, however in that case it's easy to keep the TX far away enough since they're on your head. So obviously it doesn't need to be THAT far away, just far enough to avoid whatever noise is being emitted by the TX from screwing with the receiver.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this issue could be resolved WITHOUT a tripod? I was thinking of opening my Spektrum DX6 and trying to shield it somehow, but I don't know if this is the right direction...

Last edited:
There's some kind of response here but I can't see it for some reason, so I'll quote it from my email.
John you may the same the OP isn't using a Spektrum DX6 controller
I understand, but our problems are very similar. At this point what I have gathered from my reading that my transmitter and many others apparently may be emitting 2.9 ghz harmonics which is screwing with the 5.8 ghz video feed. I have ordered a very special RP-SMA filter crafted by some FPV team in Taiwan touted as a solution to this issue. IF this works I may have finally found the answer to this for any transmitter!

Please keep us updated and let me know where I can order one of these filters, I am willing to try anything!!

I purchased the filters from here, they are unfortunately not cheap and I bought 2 of them.

[NBC5800] 5.8 GHz receiver anti-jamming bandpass filter

They are coming from Taiwan, and the tracking is a little strange. Have no idea how long it will take them to arrive.

For rp-sma monitor users, this may be the holy grail of resolving this problem. Nowhere have I seen has this. I had to really dig to find their website and this product.

Oh OK, Hobby King has something like this, or at least it sounds like this, I think it was like $6.00 USD

So far the ant-king people seem to be very responsive about tech both on youtube and by email, a bit of an english barrier but still understandable. If you have any questions, ask them I'm sure they'll reply. My total order was $45 for two of them because it's $15 shipping to the USA from taiwan. I actually dont know what kind of shipping that gets me or how fast, they don't really specify...

I have pretty much the same setup, and had the same issue, but after flying today (first time over water...lol...), it worked awesome. The change I made was getting the ImmersionRC 13dBi patch antenna, paired with FatShark SpiroNET antennas. I was getting wavy lines and such, even before takeoff, and it would get worse as the Phantom got further away. But today was the first flight with the patch.

My monitor is the Black Pearl 7-channel, and I have the ImmersionRC 600mW Tx. It was an expensive fix, but I'm glad it worked.

That is interesting to know... I wonder why the patch antenna resolves the issue. Perhaps it blocks the harmonics somehow?

I am still going with the adapters, because I am using a Helaxial58 antenna and SPW58 skew planar from circular wireless. I want to use both of those for diversity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.