FPV How To

Reaction score
a wee how to video on my phantom FPV set up

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHqpKrrvH9M[/youtube]

Great video on setting up the DJI Phantom with a FPV setup, looks like a ton of fun. If you could change anything about your FPV setup, would you have done anything differently after your first flights?

nah not really mate, there's not much room on the phantom so your limited with the kit you can put on

What kind of flight times are you getting with the FPV/GoPro setup?

I've been flying without a camera mounted for the past few days just to maximize my practice time and I was really surprised at the extended time I get. I haven't kept track of the exact minutes but it is substantial.

Probably because I've been using a heavier GoPro2 with it's full housing (which I'm glad I used. I had the whole camera mount break off 50 feet over pavement, no harm done. I think it would have been trashed if it was only in the DJI GoPro housing). My MicroSD came today for my GoPro 3, so that should lighten the load once my replacement camera mount arrives.

Worth noting also (and probably stating the obvious) but the little thing is quite a bit quicker and more responsive without the camera. I was amazed at how quickly it did 180 turns. Instills more confidence flying when you know you can bring it to a stop instantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues