Fpv help please

Reaction score
I have a 1.1.1 phantom and am wondering if anyone has the same stuff so far that I have and could help me find a cheap but good camera for what I have so far.
I have a lilliput 5.8ghz fpv monitor
And a Boscam 600 5.8G 600mw 32CH wireless transmitter

What else do I need before I am fpv ready besides a camera ?

Camera range money wise $40-$100 Im able to spend.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450644058.905886.jpg

Also wondering if I have to do anything to my phantoms remote or nah?

Hey Mau, from the items listed in your first post, it looks like you have everything covered with the monitor/receiver, and transmitter; so all you're lacking is the camera. I would suggest, considering your price range mentioned, that the SJCAM SJ4000 would work well. It's a 1080P HD action cam with USB output to feed your video transmitter. Also, you can record on the SD card while you get live FPV from the camera on your monitor. The quality of video is excellent and I'm well pleased with mine.

As for needing anything for the remote, it depends on how you are going to attach the monitor; to the remote or use a tripod. If you're going to attach to the remote (which I did and it works great). I also tried the tripod, but it was too much gear to haul into the field. I would suggest a 3D printed mounting device. I've tried the aluminum deal with the holes in it and it didn't give me enough room between the sticks and the bottom of the monitor, even when adjusted to full height. So the 3D printed monitor mount worked best for me. As an added bonus, I got one that's a quick detach, in case you use a travel case.

That's about it... Let us know what you get and how it works out. Also, any other questions and either myself or others on here will be happy to help. I've learned a lot from these forums, so be sure to check 'em out frequently as you gain experience. Fly safe/fly happy...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj