FPV & GoPro Settings

Reaction score
O.....Kay!

Last week on Monday I ordered all my FPV stuff from BangGood, "Checking Out" there was a Faster Shipping for just over $3.xx. Expecting 10 days to 3 weeks I received a notice from DHL Sunday night about a Delivery for Monday (Yesterday). Coming home yesterday the DHL package was stuck in the door.

What I Ordered,

Boscam TS832
DJI iOSD Mini
Boscam 5802
Boscam Charging adapter
Total $308

Wiring everything last night and looking for Info, what I learned is the Transmitter and Monitor are Not MFG by Boscam. :eek: Firing everything up the Right Side of the Screen had a lot of interference and some of the iOSD info was not readable. About 12:00 pm I decided to just leave it (after I tried changing everything possible on the Tx and Video settings). About 6:00 am this morning it comes to me, its in the GoPro settings (a Silver+). I had my GoPro set to WIDE, 720x30 and NTSC. My first guess was the "WIDE" setting. Change it to NARROW, same fuzzy look. Then I remembered reading about the NTSC/PAL setting. Changed the Video to PAL and the Video was Perfect. With allllllllllllllllllll the Information here, is there not a GoPro Settings Info not here or???

(Skip the top BS if you like. It might help a Newbie.)

QUESTION

What Are The Best GoPro Settings?

PAL or NTSC? NTSC

Width? (Narrow, Medium or Wide) I'd expect Wide to have more Fish-eye? Medium

I'm running 1080 and 30 Frames.

(Answers In BOLD from Persons Below) Post Edited!

Re: FPV & GoPro Settings

Using a Med field of view will minimize the landing gear in the frame, and balances fisheye and FOV. Wide has more fisheye, narrow has less, correct.

You can remove fisheye distortion post-production in editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or GoPro Studio.

changing the gopro settings will indeed affect the transmitted image and therefore what you see on a screen. some resolutions appear more "squished" than others. It helps if you think of the FPV as just a way to frame your shots like I don't care how funky/squished my FPV image is as long as I know I'm getting the shot right, the gopro video will be fine. That being said, I mostly run in 1080 and I really don't think that's bad at all. 1440 looks a little weird, and 2.7k looks fine too (imo). all NTSC of course.

now as for fish-eye, obviously the wider the fov the more that effect occurs... there are programs and videos and all sorts of ways to try to edit out that effect but I just run in medium fov and imo the effect is minimal. so it depends how lazy you are... you can run in wide fov and do a lot of post-production work, or run in medium and say "ok that's not so bad" and you're done :)
but that's why I don't do 1080superview or 1440, stick to 1080 and 2.7 which have medium fov option. Here's a recent video, this was recorded at 1080p 60fps and has almost no fisheye

speaking of the iOSD - have you used the iOSD Assistant software and the "adjust" tick boxes to move the data more towards the middle of the screen? that bit is essential or else like you say the data is way off the edges of the screen
Nzmv2-iosd-mini3.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20