FPV GoPro 4 Silver and time lapse...

Reaction score
I'm able to use my Black Pearl RC801 for FPV. I thought I would be able to use the GoPro 4 Silver in time lapse mode and still be able to view and compose my shot on the Black Pearl screen. When I use the time lapse mode my Black Pearl goes black and the message "camera busy" is displayed. This only happens when the GoPro 4 is in time lapse mode. Is this a standard message when using time lapse mode?

Thank you.

Cebu said:
I'm able to use my Black Pearl RC801 for FPV. I thought I would be able to use the GoPro 4 Silver in time lapse mode and still be able to view and compose my shot on the Black Pearl screen. When I use the time lapse mode my Black Pearl goes black and the message "camera busy" is displayed. This only happens when the GoPro 4 is in time lapse mode. Is this a standard message when using time lapse mode?

Thank you.

Bump, I'm also curious if you can FPV in Time-Lapse mode.

This is normal. It will go black when the gopro is taking the picture. I don't think it is possible to get constant feed when you are in Timelapse mode. If you want to see where you're going, the only thing I could suggest is increasing the time between shots.

How often are you wanting to take a picture as well, because the GoPro can record video and take stills at the same time.
I have mine set to record and take a pic every 5 seconds, but I think it can go as low as 2 a second.

I have a GoPro 3+ and this mode has it's limitations though. It's only 30fps video at 1080 when this mode is selected, and you can't use protune. The 4 might be different.
If you're only after the photos though then the fps on the video doesnt matter.

This video will show you how to enable that mode (if it's the same layout as the 3), but you might need to play about to see what max settings you can get.
I'm also not sure what resolution the photos are when using this, but it's set to the highest it'll let me (12mp) in my set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPgRb9e1_w

Cebu said:

Thank you.

The way around this to shoot simultaneous video and stills - that is not what you asked for I know. But it might be close.

HERO 4 Silver
Video settings 1080p,Video + Photo,photos will be in wide format,3840 x 2160 pixels.
Maximum frame rate,25fps PAL,30fps NTSC.
5 seconds is the shortest interval in video + photo mode.

HERO 3 Black
Video settings 1080p,Video + Photo,photos will be in wide format,3940 x 2160 pixels.

The settings in Photo mode such as 12 mega pixels will have no affect on the video + photo mode or the resulting photos.

Thank you for replies everyone, much appreciated! I was able to use the GoPro 4 Silver time lapse at 2 second intervals, I guess 0.5 seconds was too fast to send video and take photos. One caveat in my case in using the 2 second interval the FPV display will "blank" out while the GoPro is saving the file or some other task process. I'm able to compose my shot and that is the most important feature for me.

I found that taking night shots I was also capturing some of the Phantom's front LED's red glow. I've been trying the different view modes and "Medium" seems to work. What settings are you using? I'd like to use the "Wide" angle view mode.

This was taken near downtown Stockton, CA. You can see the tint of red on the left, lower area.

downtown_00.jpg

I missed this post. I did as you recommended and it worked. Thank you.

Prophecies said:
This is normal. It will go black when the gopro is taking the picture. I don't think it is possible to get constant feed when you are in Timelapse mode. If you want to see where you're going, the only thing I could suggest is increasing the time between shots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4