FPV googles?

Reaction score
Well I have had my Phantom 2 now for almost a month and have really enjoyed flying. I have been really interested in FPV and I like the immersiveness that I would expect you would get with goggles (which is why I don't want a lcd screen). The thing that is frustrating is the fact that no one near me sells goggles. :? Its all on line so without trying them I don't know what I like or want. So I am putting it out there. What goggles do you like??? There are Fat Sharks ranging for $200 to near $500.. What's the difference. Would I hate the fact that I purchased the Fatshark predator vs the Attitude? Is there something else out there better??

Thanks guys :)

Excellent question, one which I will be looking forward to the replies.

I myself have the what's seems v popular fatshark predator kit. I don't really feel that immersed in the flying though. May be a personal point of view but it's just like I'm watching the view on a big screen. I have heard some other fat shark goggles have a wider or closer screen which fills the whole view that you have. That to me sounds like a much more rich immersive experience.

I am also pretty disappointed with the quality of the video. Not sure whether that's my goggles (but I've heard the predators actually have one of the highest resolution screens?) or the fpv camera or the whole fpv analogue video download system? The P2V appeals to me with the new high tech digital downlink! Surely that is more capable of providing a better picture quality?

It is quite annoying you cant try before you buy as well. We just have to rely on reviews and hours and hours of research! Even then it may not be what your individually after :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meluk said:
Excellent question, one which I will be looking forward to the replies.

I myself have the what's seems v popular fatshark predator kit. I don't really feel that immersed in the flying though. May be a personal point of view but it's just like I'm watching the view on a big screen. I have heard some other fat shark goggles have a wider or closer screen which fills the whole view that you have. That to me sounds like a much more rich immersive experience.

That's my experience with the Predator V2 kit in a nutshell. I don't have a basis for comparison and didn't want to spend a $100-$200 more for a set of goggles where the FOV is better but not THAT much better. I'm looking forward to trying out another type of goggles.

I have the Predator V2 kit on my Phantom. You can spend a lot of money on FPV. For me the question is what do I want it for and I have found the experience great with the Predator goggles. Of course, there are higher end kits and goggles with higher resolution and wider angel screens more powerful transmitters and additional features like head tracking and one I have heard is coming out with a built in DVR. For me the Predators are a great cost effective way of learning about FPV and how I want to use it. Once I have enough experience I can decide if I really need more than the Predators proivde. If so I can upgrade the goggles and use the Predators for others to ride along. To me the Predator's Field of View or FOV is adequate. At first it seems a little like watching the flight on a TV but as you start pushing your limits and really focusing on the flight I find myself becoming totally immersed and the video system disappear. When this happens I am truly flying and I am sure I have a big smile on my face.

Get what you can afford today to get started. There will always be better kits in the future. That is what keeps this hobby interesting and expensive! :lol:

TechJunkieRC said:
Get what you can afford today to get started. There will always be better kits in the future. That is what keeps this hobby interesting and expensive! :lol:

Thanks for the replys' everyone. I am leaning towards a predator V2 but I didn't want to get it and then hate the fact that I could have had something a lot better.

I will do a bit more research and flying before I pull the trigger.. :)

I am using FatShark Attitude and I am quite satisfied with them. When I did my research I realize that Attitude was the only model that has an adjustable IPD, this was important to me since I knew this could be a problem.

I did very well, I am using Attitude and the largest IPD and still get a bit blurry at the edges of the screen, meaning that my IPD is quite big (usually for me is difficult to find a proper heat size .... :lol: )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31