Fpv googles

Reaction score
I want to get some Fpv Google's for my Phantom 4, but I don't want to spend a fortune. I would appreciate any recommendations, thanks in advance.

I suggest you to buy VR Box $15 goggles from amazon and try with Litchi. If you are happy with goggles then think of having better setup and better goggles.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Define fortune. I use the Glyphs and they are super versatile. Great for FPV and watching movies etc.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Thanks, I would consider a fortune to be over a hundred dollars when you can easily get vr goggles for that.
I noticed that some people recommend the fat shark goggles but they are over $200 dollars and still looking a little ridiculous.
I noticed there are Seesii vision glasses that are not quite as bulky and under the $200 dollars mark, but I do not know if those are compatible with my Phantom 4

I suggest you to buy VR Box $15 goggles from amazon and try with Litchi. If you are happy with goggles then think of having better setup and better goggles.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks I may try that, I'm not sure what Litchi is. I have been thinking about the Vr goggle route, but I'm unsure about compatibility, my HTC phone won't connect to the Samsung Vr unit a friend of mine has, because the Jack doesn't line up. Thanks for your reply.

The glyphs are very nice (I own them) but by your definition of fortune they certainly are a fortune @ $400+; I think the best advice is the VR box option above then spend more if you want to get deeper into it

Reactions: Chris Quigg
Hi All. I've got a P4 and am looking to fly FPV. I understand I need this unit to make that happen:

Buy HDMI Output Module | DJI Store

In the description on DJI it says it's for P3 and P4. Has anybody had experience with this module?
Yes, I've installed it on my P3P controller, works with any HDMI goggle on the market. The problem is some goggles are better than others. Some have 720 resolution to match the output of the HDMI port, others don't. Some goggles fit nice, others don't. Some work OK with people with glasses, other don't. Some of the lenses inside are optical and are more tolerant of diopler adjustments, others are not (like Fresnel lenses). Some displays are difficult to see the top and bottom of the screen to read the telemetry data, others are not.

So far I like Headplay ($250) best, but they are far from optimal. I had to remove the Fresnel lens and replace it with a Carson optical lens. I even paid $45 for a RHO lens, but that wasn't powerful enough, and it physically didn't install very secure. The new Yuneec goggles would be better at the same price if they would fit right, but the nose cavity isn't designed for white Americans, you need a flat face for them to be comfortable.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik