FPV Gone after changing to NPVT581

Reaction score
Very much a newbie. I was having trouble watching the picture on the phone, watching the Phantom in the sky and moving the camera gimbal on the phone. So I bought a new NPVT581 that has the knob to move the gimbal. All the specs are the same, this just has added a knob for the gimbal.

After binding and the transmitter calibration - no picture! My phone, Galaxy S6 Edge+ has a black screen. Sound familiar? Lots of posts on this problem. My iPad just has the cursor going around and around - no picture.
On both devices, I can take video and/or pictures. I have all the other data too.

After reading a lot of posts I found, it pointed to the WiFi module, and like so many others, mine had been sitting in the case all winter.

I have updated the firmware on the camera and the Phantom and the desktop app. I did not really want to take it apart (also having problems finding a supplier for the WiFi module) so I went back to the old, original PVT581 transmitter. Everything is working again. I have the FPV picture on both phone and iPad.

Is there something "special" I need to do (calibration, software, hardware something??) to get the NPVT581 transmitter to work AND show the picture? Please point me to a thread, URL or I take directions well - :)

Thanks in advance //Bill

Phantom 2 Vision Plus (Flies Great!)
Align TRex 450 (can't get off the ground!!)
Belt CP 450 (can't get off the ground either!!)

Very much a newbie. I was having trouble watching the picture on the phone, watching the Phantom in the sky and moving the camera gimbal on the phone. So I bought a new NPVT581 that has the knob to move the gimbal. All the specs are the same, this just has added a knob for the gimbal.

After binding and the transmitter calibration - no picture! My phone, Galaxy S6 Edge+ has a black screen. Sound familiar? Lots of posts on this problem. My iPad just has the cursor going around and around - no picture.
On both devices, I can take video and/or pictures. I have all the other data too.

After reading a lot of posts I found, it pointed to the WiFi module, and like so many others, mine had been sitting in the case all winter.

I have updated the firmware on the camera and the Phantom and the desktop app. I did not really want to take it apart (also having problems finding a supplier for the WiFi module) so I went back to the old, original PVT581 transmitter. Everything is working again. I have the FPV picture on both phone and iPad.

Is there something "special" I need to do (calibration, software, hardware something??) to get the NPVT581 transmitter to work AND show the picture? Please point me to a thread, URL or I take directions well - :)

Thanks in advance //Bill

Phantom 2 Vision Plus (Flies Great!)
Align TRex 450 (can't get off the ground!!)
Belt CP 450 (can't get off the ground either!!)

Bill you'd probably have a quicker response if you had post this in the P2 vision + forum thread then here.

After reading you post a second time I noticed that you did not mention pairing the new controller to the P2. If you had done so the old controller wouldn't either without pairing it back to the P2.

Read the instructions on how to pair the two unit together.and it should work.
Pairing controller.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jason. I'll re-post this over there.

I did this, pairing - just called it binding is all. (all the helo stuff says binding, so I just figured terminology should be the same) Thank you. //Bill

Thanks Jason. I'll re-post this over there.

I did this, pairing - just called it binding is all. (all the helo stuff says binding, so I just figured terminology should be the same) Thank you. //Bill

Well it all in how one looks at but DJI calls it linking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj