FPV goggles

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am thinking of getting fpv goggles for my phantom but I am wondering if they could perhaps cause motion sickness or something. I have done virtual reality before and never had an issue, however in the last two years I can't seem to watch 3D movies at the theatres anymore. It's not so a motion sickness thing with the 3D glasses but my eyes seem to water up really bad and burn and try to close for some reason.

Is there anywhere I can demo something similar to these goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You might try your local flyers club and demo some there. We have them at our local flying field and let others try them out all the time.

Reactions: Bull94
You might try your local flyers club and demo some there. We have them at our local flying field and let others try them out all the time.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am not aware of any local flying clubs and I doubt they're close. What about one of those smartphone goggles? Would that give me a good idea?

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am not aware of any local flying clubs and I doubt they're close. What about one of those smartphone goggles? Would that give me a good idea?

It might be similar but the one's I've used (very few to be honest) were more "immersive" than I would think my iPhone jammed into an enclosure would be. I could be wrong though as I've never tried that approach.

For the record my wife (who does get motion sickness very easily) said there is no way she could wear mine for more than a moment. It made her head "woozey" feeling after just a moment and she took them off.

For the record my wife (who does get motion sickness very easily) said there is no way she could wear mine for more than a moment. It made her head "woozey" feeling after just a moment and she took them off.

Yeah I get that, I don't recall ever having motion sickness. I am just kind of cautious because I never had a problem with 3D movie glasses and all of a sudden two years ago they started to cause issues with my eyes. So I am thinking knowing my luck it may cause a problem now lol.

It might be similar but the one's I've used (very few to be honest) were more "immersive" than I would think my iPhone jammed into an enclosure would be. I could be wrong though as I've never tried that approach.

What fpv goggles do you use and do they have head tracking?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In the space of 30 days, I went from looking at DJIs to owning a P3A and a P3P. I also picked up a pair of FatShark Dominator V3s. I used to get nauseated while playing xBox and Playstations, but I could not resist the thought of FPV.

Absolutely no regrets in the purchase. The video quality is great and the flying is remarkably fun.

In the space of 30 days, I went from looking at DJIs to owning a P3A and a P3P. I also picked up a pair of FatShark Dominator V3s. I used to get nauseated while playing xBox and Playstations, but I could not resist the thought of FPV.

Absolutely no regrets in the purchase. The video quality is great and the flying is remarkably fun.

Glad to hear it, Do the Dominator V3s have headtracking?

I have a P3A and tried the "cheap" £20 goggles that hold my Galaxy S6. I was very disappointed in the display as it appeared to be very low resolution. I have subsequently read that the P3A has a lower bitrate than the P3P. Does your experience with the Dominators bear this out or do you find the P3A and P3P to give similar results ?

My understanding is that a head tracking module is available. I'm still too new to determine much of a difference between the P3A and the P3P video-wise. I'm at the stage now where I fly "missions" with the goggles and then watch the videos on my 40". It's just as much fun watching and it is flying. Hope that doesn't wear off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers