Fpv goggles

Reaction score
What's going on guys.
I've been looking into getting some fpv goggles for my P3P. I've watched reviews for all the fat sharks and I'm leaning on getting a pair of them more than anything. Is there a specific module of the fat sharks I should really get for the best FOV and high quality resolution? And once I buy the goggles, is there anything else I'll need to buy besides the hdmi output module Dji came out with?
Thanks guys,
Fly safe.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depends on where you are in this ole world. Some countries FPV flying is against regulations especially the good ole US of A. There it is only allowed for designated events where it is a certain area and a sponsored controlled event. Not sur about other countries.

As RoyVa pointed out technically FPV is not allowed in USA... but lots of pilots fly FPV all the time.

That being said you want to look for a goggle that has an HDMI input - otherwise you will need a converter.... maybe extra power and that gets to be a mess. The FarSharks have some that are good... and the carl zeiss cinemizers will be back on the market this spring. If you want the "best" currently I believe that everyone is saying the HeadPlay's are the best for clarity and view, but they are bulky. You will need to do some searching to decide what your needs are :)

Some countries FPV flying is against regulations especially the good ole US of A.
VLOS is only a guideline in the USA. It's not a law (yet).

I received my goggle in the mail today and went to set them up with FPV goggle program. It looks good but when I went to adjust the settings I had problems. When I pushed and held C2 button the settings came up for just a second then went away. So what did I do wrong? Any ideas?

If anyone has a Galaxy Note 5, S6, or whatever and the Gear VR goggles I can give you instructions on how to mod the headset without breaking, melting or doing any major damage to the goggles. I modded my Gear VR goggles and just unscrewed and removed the USB port on the headset and it works fine. Let me know and I'll give instructions. Only mod online that I saw required soddering off the USB so the cord fits when the mobile device is attached to the headset.

Hi, I'm new to the site and to drones in general. I'm from Yorkton Sk and I had a quick question

I have the Phantom 4 and an iPad mini 2. I was curious of anyone has used any FPV goggles like the Fat Shark brand? If you use FPV googles, can I get rid go my iPad mini 2, or will i still need the iPad to input changes to my settings, or can I make those changes through the FPV googles too? Has anyone ad any experience with these?

If anyone has a Galaxy Note 5, S6, or whatever and the Gear VR goggles I can give you instructions on how to mod the headset without breaking, melting or doing any major damage to the goggles. I modded my Gear VR goggles and just unscrewed and removed the USB port on the headset and it works fine. Let me know and I'll give instructions. Only mod online that I saw required soddering off the USB so the cord fits when the mobile device is attached to the headset.
Ok I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Phone. I am game how do I do this so I can use my phone to fly my P3P? My goggles are the Gear VR Oculus Send reply to [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj