fpv goggles. .. what to choose

Reaction score
I have had three very happy flights once the flyaway jitters had gone away and the phantom proved to do what it said on the tin.

The next step for me is goggles .. I wondered what was best for a pv2

Any suggestions? Sorry if you've been asked before :cool:

PETELEEUK said:
I have had three very happy flights once the flyaway jitters had gone away and the phantom proved to do what it said on the tin.

The next step for me is goggles .. I wondered what was best for a pv2

Any suggestions? Sorry if you've been asked before :cool:

Fatshark dominators are a good choice mate or attitudes

not sure what type of flying you want to do, or your experience, but i think a monitor is best for learning, its very hard to judge distance with fpv, and its great to jjust look at the phantom without having to rip goggles off first lol :D

I hope I'm proven wrong but I don't believe you will be able to use goggles with the Phantom Vision. Most goggles with built in receivers work on 5.8GHz, the same frequency range as the Vision's controller, and the transmission is analogue where as your video on the Vision is transmitted on 2.4GHz WiFi (digital). The only way I think you could possibly do this would be if your phone, or whatever you are currently receiving video on, is able to output analogue video.

Regards

Nidge

good point, maybe only way forward is for dji to bring a set out, i dont think they really thought things out with the vision, seems alot of compromises

shortyuk said:
good point, maybe only way forward is for dji to bring a set out, i dont think they really thought things out with the vision, seems alot of compromises

I think the demographic that DJI are targeting with the Vision are those that have minimum experience and want something that is self contained and provides results right out of the box as many already have WiFi enabled smart devices capable of viewing a WiFi video stream.

If you draw parallels with cameras then the Vision is like a compact point and shoot, the P1 and P2 are entry level DSLR's, where users can add components to build a system, and something like the S800 is the high end pro system.

Regards

Nidge

I got the Fatshark attitude V2, 3 weeks ago! I'm very happy with it, you get everything you need (TX, Cam, etc). Just buy the Fatshark battery extra. The googles are light and compact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31