FPV Goggles P4

Not best but cheap and easy, also there is a new parnership with Dji making really cool AR/VR glasses there is a trailer also, i will try to link it.
I was waiting for the avegant glyph, but the new one wich is made together with dji is lokking really cool!

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

You'll need to install the HDMI output module on the remote controller before you'll be able to hook up FPV goggles via an HDMI cable. It's an easy 5 minute installation -- like this:

As for the FPV goggles, here are the most commonly used models:
The following video explains the difference between the two Fat Shark models above:

If you decide to go with one of the above FPV goggles, you'll need a mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable for the HeadPlay HD goggles and this battery charger for the Fat Shark goggles. Everything else comes in the box.

I've dropped £100 deposit on the Epson headset in the UK. Retail £629 overall. They "expect" shipments in October 2016 - but like all these things I doubt it. Saves me having to decide on a new tablet though, which is a £200+ saving anyway.

OK, maybe I am confused here....but if you go the Litchi app route, per the video above (marcel79 post), you can skip the HDMI install gizmo right? Seems like a no brainer.....what am I missing?

Reactions: umneycreep and vjs
I've dropped £100 deposit on the Epson headset in the UK. Retail £629 overall. They "expect" shipments in October 2016 - but like all these things I doubt it. Saves me having to decide on a new tablet though, which is a £200+ saving anyway.

So does the craft move in the direction you are looking, or just gimbal up and down?, or does it just change orientation and then you manually go up and down, and forward? Trying to understand how these things work....

Any help or other you tube spots, etc...

Cheers,

if you go the Litchi app route, per the video above (marcel79 post), you can skip the HDMI install gizmo right?
There are pros and cons to every setup. With Litchi, your mobile device is then on your forehead -- which means you cannot look down and interact with Litchi.

There are pros and cons to every setup. With Litchi, your mobile device is then on your forehead -- which means you cannot look down and interact with Litchi.
I believe you are able to interact with the Litchi app using your head and body through the accelerometer in the phone for FPV flying, and for preprogrammed Waypoint missions, once you have activated the mission, no interaction is necessary, except through the RC, to either take over manual control, or to change change speed or adjust the gimbal. Looking forward to trying it!

So does the craft move in the direction you are looking, or just gimbal up and down?, or does it just change orientation and then you manually go up and down, and forward? Trying to understand how these things work....

All this is unknown :) There is no mention of the headset controlling the view based on head motion (even though it has the sensors). I suspect the first release if it and the DJI Go app will just be for viewing and controls with all still be RC and the touchpad control for the headset.

Here's a short interview video from InterDrone that gives a little more info:

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I believe you are able to interact with the Litchi app using your head and body through the accelerometer in the phone for FPV flying, and for preprogrammed Waypoint missions, once you have activated the mission, no interaction is necessary, except through the RC, to either take over manual control, or to change change speed or adjust the gimbal. Looking forward to trying it!
I just hover my bird or start a mission and then put up my cheap 15 euro vr glasses, so no changing settings or anything.
It even has headtracking but only up and down, and offcourse like msinger said it all had pro en cons.
But because i didnt know if i liked it or if it was more like a gimmick, i liked the cheap way;)
Now waiting for the epson it is......

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sort of related to this thread - I didn't want to bore everyone with another thread.....
So I don't get why you would want to use the video recording of the goggles (like on Fatsharks) when you already have it intrinsic to the Phantom 4? Seems rather redundant bunch of hardware, another card and bad slot setup, and stuff to mess with....or I am just not getting something here???

OK, maybe I am confused here....but if you go the Litchi app route, per the video above (marcel79 post), you can skip the HDMI install gizmo right? Seems like a no brainer.....what am I missing?
I don.t see any advantage with the other setup either. Litchi seems a no brainer

I wonder if a Bluetooth controller would work for interacting with the litchi app whilst the phone is on your head

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj