FPV Goggles for Standard? Is it possible?

Reaction score
Have searched the forums for info on goggles for Standard...not much info. Standard does not have HDMI controller adapter correct? Any suggestions or is this not possible for standard?

Yes it is possible. I use FatShark Dominators with mine.

1) Acquire Phantom 3 Standard and FPV Goggles with HDMI in.
2) Apple users need a lightning to HDMI adapter (This works much better with iPhone 6 vs. iPad)
3) Connect Goggles to your devices mini-HDMI port.
4) Make sure Goggles are in I/O mode. In my case FatShark's, switch the transmitter/IO button to I/O
5)Power up your controller, your tablet/smartphone (I had to use my iPhone, not my iPad due to border issues) and the P3S
6)Attach FatShark Goggles to their battery
7)On the FatShark, to get the best view, I use HDMI 2D

The dominators are kind of expensive. Especially after now getting a pro. I wonder if the spectrum fat sharks will work. I'm not sure. Anyone out there? I know my hootoo goggles will work. I just want hdmi effect without spending another $500 for dominators

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got an older Moto Atrix HD that has an HDMI out port. I've considered using it with compatible goggles. I used it once at t foot race to show the digital stopwatch app on a big-screen tv. You could probably get one of those phones for cheap, or another with hdmi out.

Thanks for the info. I have an IPad Mini 2 A6 processor - wondering if that would work have samsung S6. ....

Thanks for the info. I have an IPad Mini 2 A6 processor - wondering if that would work have samsung S6. ....
Yes. The iPad mini 2 works. And Samsung s6 as well. Depending on what you get. If hdmi. You will need lightning to hdmi adapter.

I said depending on what setup. From what I read example. And now using. The s6 will work with Zeiss VR one goggles and the hootoo goggles. No adapter needed. Just need the right app. I just got my hootoo goggles. Only cost 19 dollars. They work very good. With the iPhone. And adjustable spot for Samsung s6 as well. However using the fpv camera for dji the picture is clear but you get a message weak signal
As it is designed for advance or pro. Which will be plugged into the remote. But although it says that it works perfect. I need to try and watch a movie using this. But don't know how or which app to see a movie. Hope this helps. And yes. Need adapter if you are going to use fat shark dominators. And as order said. I don't know if Samsung will work with those. I think I will stick with the cheap Method as those fat sharks are expensive. Hope that weak signal message thing will disappear when I plug it into the pro. As that is what the app was designed for.

Reactions: OrderFromChaos
Hope that weak signal message thing will disappear when I plug it into the pro.
I'm not sure if it's related but since I did my antenna mod, Litchi will always have me at 2 bars, DJI Go is completely pegged on the other hand. I'm not sure if you have an antenna mod or not.
I've seen other people mention a similar issue here before.

I'm not sure if it's related but since I did my antenna mod, Litchi will always have me at 2 bars, DJI Go is completely pegged on the other hand. I'm not sure if you have an antenna mod or not.
I've seen other people mention a similar issue here before.
I don't have s mod. However I opened litchi with the goggles I got. Can't get split screen. Looks like I will try another app.

I did find some nice new apps for phantom. Will try when my pro comes in. In the mean time will use my goggles on standard.
22970157e3af4face713b98a12b4d7a2.jpg
0daacb28a7c77a7816ebeb0e6224368c.jpg

Ok everyone. Finally had a chance to take the drone out and tried to use my hootoo googles. They seem sweet but the problem I'm having is the correct app that will work the camera with these goggles. Someone told me to try the app fpv camera for dji. It does not work with the standard. Also the other dji app does not work with standard. I got weak signal and but the camera was moving. When I went airborne the camera just froze. Not picture.
Wasted 12 bucks on this app. Anyone with a standard. Not advance or pro that can recommend app to work with goggles via wifi like the dji app? If not it is fine. My pro will be here Monday and I can just plug it in to the remote via usb. My phone that is and I'm
Sure it will work fine. If not I will buy some other goggles. I can't believe it's been so hard to get info on the forum about this. I don't want to waste more on apps that does not work that is why I'm asking for someone they as tried it true and true on the standard. Thanks all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.