FPV Goggles App... Low Cost Goggles Solution?

Tried out the VR Box goggles in the house with the phantom just sitting. The centre of the screen is clear but the outside edges are out of focus. I have tried moving the lenses and also tried changing the setting with in the app but still no luck getting the full iPhone 6 plus screen clear. I don't have any known problems with my eyes plus I don't need glasses. I feel I may need glasses soon though if I keep the goggles on for to long. The app looks good. Is there a way to tell the goggles I have are the correct VR Box goggles? Maybe the fake and don't have the correct lenses.
I think there is some lens distortion at edges and corners. It's hard to expect $20 VR Box headset coming with superb lenses. There are dozens of VR Box headset on eBay / Amazon, which I think they are the same OEM.

Yeah I know what you mean. You get what you pay for and they were cheap. The problem is I cant see the data at the top of your app or the map at the bottom. If I strain my eyes I can make out some of the figures but doing that for 15 minutes cant be good for you. I have asked a few folk to try them with the same result. Some folk on Facebook were saying they don't blur and that's why I was thinking there was something wrong with them. I would rather pay it bit more for something that showed the full screen correctly. Do you have any more recommendations? The FreeFly goggles have been mentioned a few times. On the plus side I think your app looks good with a lot of work put in to it.

Yeah I know what you mean. You get what you pay for and they were cheap. The problem is I cant see the data at the top of your app or the map at the bottom. If I strain my eyes I can make out some of the figures but doing that for 15 minutes cant be good for you. I have asked a few folk to try them with the same result. Some folk on Facebook were saying they don't blur and that's why I was thinking there was something wrong with them. I would rather pay it bit more for something that showed the full screen correctly. Do you have any more recommendations? The FreeFly goggles have been mentioned a few times. On the plus side I think your app looks good with a lot of work put in to it.
My VR Box looks pretty clear. If you can't see top/bottom, you may need to adjust the focus (as shown below) to move the lenses closer to your eyes. You may also adjust the scaling in the app.

11221538_614435238659286_4596333377649698260_n.jpg

My VR Box looks pretty clear. If you can't see top/bottom, you may need to adjust the focus (as shown below) to move the lenses closer to your eyes. You may also adjust the scaling in the app.

11221538_614435238659286_4596333377649698260_n.jpg

Its not that I cant see the top and bottom at all. I meant they are way out of focus wile the centre in clear. If yours are clear then I might just have a dodgy pair. Yeah I had to move the focus and distance to get the centre nice and clear but I just cant get the out side clear at all. I have also tried the app setting after reading about them on your Facebook page. Thanks for trying to help out with it. I am going to try a different pair of goggles and see how I get on with them.

Anyone that already has Dominator V2 and uses android instead of apple. I have an ACER Iconia HD tablet I'm about to sell. It has an micro HDMI port on it and works with the dominatorV2's. The link says cheap alternatives. So if you already own the DOMS this would be much cheaper than buying new goggles. Here is my youtube test link showing the hdmi outlet of the tablet.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But isn`t it 3d googles so it`s weird to view with the phantom 3?
Don`t you need to cameras for 3d, on the phantom you only have one, and
I think the googles are made for 3d, so it won`t work with the phantom 3 because it only has 1 camera.
Is it that one I should go for, if not I will apprechiate a link;)

But isn`t it 3d googles so it`s weird to view with the phantom 3?
Don`t you need to cameras for 3d, on the phantom you only have one, and
I think the googles are made for 3d, so it won`t work with the phantom 3 because it only has 1 camera.
Is it that one I should go for, if not I will apprechiate a link;)
If you are referring to VR Box headset, it's a simple plastic box with 2 adjustable lenses and a splitter for displaying side-by-side (SxS) video or VR games on your mobile phone. If you put 3D SxS content on your phone, it shows 3D. There are plenty of Youtube 3D SxS content available. If you put 2D content, then it shows 2D. For case of Phantom 3 plus FPV Goggles app, it's 2D FPV live feed.

Hey all semi New to droning and am try to understand FPV

if I get the HDMI output module and install it on my remote control can I then buy a set of FPV glasses or goggles plug them into the controller and have the first person viewing WITHOUT all telemetry???....(even though I would prefer to see the telemetry's)

And

Is there a way I can plug in the FPV glass/goggles either into my iPhone 6 or IPad Air that is connected to the controller and have the FPV? With all the telemetry's.?? And when needing to adjust flight parameters do it on the iPad or phone and then go back to the FPV for flight.

I've been reading all the posts on this topic but get confused with all the information I don't want to add items to the drone its self like I see in so post as this only adds weight and drag to the drone.

P3A

Hey all semi New to droning and am try to understand FPV

if I get the HDMI output module and install it on my remote control can I then buy a set of FPV glasses or goggles plug them into the controller and have the first person viewing WITHOUT all telemetry???....(even though I would prefer to see the telemetry's)

And

Is there a way I can plug in the FPV glass/goggles either into my iPhone 6 or IPad Air that is connected to the controller and have the FPV? With all the telemetry's.?? And when needing to adjust flight parameters do it on the iPad or phone and then go back to the FPV for flight.

I've been reading all the posts on this topic but get confused with all the information I don't want to add items to the drone its self like I see in so post as this only adds weight and drag to the drone.

P3A
FPV Goggles app and HDMI goggles are 2 complete different ways to implement goggles solution.

A simple comparison table is as below for reference.
11863467_615300941906049_1948337896802920025_n.png

I found a video of HDMI output with basic telemetry.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic