FPV Goggles App... Low Cost Goggles Solution?

Have you any youtube video's of this working? I take it you don't use the DJI pilot app at all when using this with the VR Box? Does it have all the functions of the DJI app?

I have sent a message to you with my ID.

Reactions: Fplvert
Litchi app is Android with VR mode but its still in beta.
Thanks for info, but on the Google play the Litchi is on Dji Phantom 2 Vision+. For Dji Phantom 3 the app will be available soon.
Where can I download the app (beta) for Phantom 3? or anybody can send me to my email: [email protected]
Thank's

Last edited:
Apple's iTunes Connect was down earlier, and it's back up now.

Those signed up beta testers should/will receive an invite email from Apple. It will guide you through the installation of TestFlight (iOS beta test platform) and the FPV Camera beta app.

Please read FPV Camera Features PRIOR beta testing https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-booster/fpv-camera-for-phantom-3-ios/591471717622305 and Flight Log Features https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-booster/flight-log-ios/593332737436203

If you want to also test FPV Goggles, worth to also read https://www.facebook.com/notes/fpv-booster/fpv-goggles-app-ios-for-p3-i1/591886014247542

Is there any beta testers found all icons crushed together on bottom left (shown below on iPad, beta build #1457) and the app keeps falling to the background?

11798538_10207656852447318_136448954_n.jpg

I had thought that there was a survey to be filled out after testing but can't seem to find it. So in he interim here are some thoughts:

Had a chance to test the app out today for two flights with the VR Box goggles. Overall it worked great, the visuals were good and it seemed responsive throughout the flights.

On the second flight I experienced some lagging when yawing and it made me nervous so I landed. I also found that the location on the GPS map didn't correlate to where it was in reality. It was off by about 50 feet at times. I aimed the camera down and compared it to landmarks in the satellite view.

Also the green line in the map points in the direction the goggles are pointing. I'm used to it being the line that RTH would take. It turned out to be useful for me to make sure my directional antenna was properly pointed.

Overall this app is fantastic and offers a great FPV experience using $30 goggles.

I had thought that there was a survey to be filled out after testing but can't seem to find it. So in he interim here are some thoughts:

Had a chance to test the app out today for two flights with the VR Box goggles. Overall it worked great, the visuals were good and it seemed responsive throughout the flights.

On the second flight I experienced some lagging when yawing and it made me nervous so I landed. I also found that the location on the GPS map didn't correlate to where it was in reality. It was off by about 50 feet at times. I aimed the camera down and compared it to landmarks in the satellite view.

Also the green line in the map points in the direction the goggles are pointing. I'm used to it being the line that RTH would take. It turned out to be useful for me to make sure my directional antenna was properly pointed.

Overall this app is fantastic and offers a great FPV experience using $30 goggles.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. That's fine to share your experience here in this thread, though we have a FB page.

When you did your first flight, the iPhone accumulated certain heat inside the close goggles. You may let it break several minutes cooling down before second flight to avoid overheating and cause lagging.

The green line (called pilot wand) might change color depending on signal strength. It's designed for aiming the aircraft with directional antenna or booster. It also helps returning to home point for many long range flyers.

You may read Features section in Help to learn more about the app.

Would this work with Google Cardboard v2 which works with the iPhone? I have one sitting on my desk and would love to give it a go, but the cost of the app and additional in app purchase puts me off.

I would prefer the hdmi board solution. What when you need the app for lets say adjusting iso etc..? You have to take it off and do the adjustments and tske it on again?

it works with google cardboard.. but works much better with third party goggles which fit on your head.

he's has a nifty menu system which you can control with the various buttons on the controller to change settings... however, I don't recall if that includes camera settings yet... menu system works quite well though..

only problem: iphone heats up quite a bit rendering 2 screens for L/R eye... I can barely run 1 battery before it gets too laggy... it works really well though -perfect if you aren't into glass/goggle type-FPV but just want to try every now and then.

The goggles app solution (a few bucks) + VR headset of your choice is way lower cost than HDMI board + goggles/glasses solution (hundreds of dollars).

The goggles mode includes navigation map on goggles screen, while HDMI solution lacks of. It also allows changing camera settings by C2 and right-dial even wearing the goggles.

Last edited:
I have a iPhone 6 plus and a freely vr so I'm going to give it a try, let you know

Here's some VR Box clones that I just received from Amazon for $30 to use on my iPhone 6 Plus. I did a rough try out and they seem to look pretty nice with the app mentioned in this thread. Hopefully the rain Gods will give me a break after work so I can fully try them out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010HC3XPO/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

View attachment 26024 View attachment 26025

Can you provide an update as to how well you like these with the app. Much thanks

Tried out the VR Box goggles in the house with the phantom just sitting. The centre of the screen is clear but the outside edges are out of focus. I have tried moving the lenses and also tried changing the setting with in the app but still no luck getting the full iPhone 6 plus screen clear. I don't have any known problems with my eyes plus I don't need glasses. I feel I may need glasses soon though if I keep the goggles on for to long. The app looks good. Is there a way to tell the goggles I have are the correct VR Box goggles? Maybe the fake and don't have the correct lenses.

I use both FreeFly VR and VR Box goggles... Without a doubt FreeFly VR is far better Goggle experience ... but I fly in the south of France under hot weather and for that I Use the VR box. They are more comfortable in heat and do not blur. However image wise, they are not close to the Free Fly ones.

So I guess it's a give and take based on where you are and climate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.