FPV Goggles and Glasses

Buk

Reaction score
Will I have difficulties wearing glasses with say, the Fat Shark goggles (headset)?

My glasses correct double vision, unable to not wear them.

Thanks,

The goggles were designed to be worn with glasses.
The rubber eye cups should be pressed against your face to block out any strayed light.
However, while using the goggles it will be like you are looking at something very near your eyes, so they make the optional correction lens for the nearsighted person (only).

I would probably consider a monitor on a tripod instead of the goggles then.

I had a pair of Fat Sharks and although they were really good I had issues with them. I would fly off of the FPV and then occasionally take them off to look at the Phantom first hand. When I took the goggles off I was blinded by the natural light even on a cloudy day. And taking them on and off became a pain.

I took them back and got a 7" screen which I have on a tripod or mounted to my controller. Much much better. I can refer to either the screen for what I'm shooting with my GoPro or actually look at the Phantom first hand.

Also with goggles you should have a spotter, with the screen because I can see both you don't really need it.

Thank you all for your helpful comments.

Monitor sounds like a likely solution.

My double vision is "binocular", which I believe makes contacts not possible.
No glasses and closing one eye would make a headset work, but then depth perception is gone.

Thanks again.

Thank you, looks very convenient.

Might have to build up the strength in my wrists
:D

I'd advise against mounting one of those 7" screens on your controller. You'd have to be a contortionist. I mount mine on a masonite clipboard using velcro, and then I have a black-painted shroud [made from a cardboard box] around it. Set up a tripod for your video receiver, and then hang the clipboard off it at eye height. You can move your head into and out of the shroud easily.
Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers