FPV goggle recommendations

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and a new owner of a Phantom kit outfitted by DSLRPros. I got the Pro DP edition kit which included a 5.8GHz FPV with field monitor. The specs say I can hook up FPV goggles to the RX via the A/V output. Was going to just buy the goggles from DSLRPros but they only sell the complete kit (with TX and RX) and I'm thinking I only need the goggles. Anyone have any suggestions on a aftermarket FPV goggles that will work with my existing system? Was looking at the FatShark Dominator or Attitude (as it has similar specs as the DSLRPros one).

I use the Dominator goggles and they are great. I was told by my RC guy that the dominator screens sit further back than the attitudes making it a bit easier on the eyes. Very immersive and great fun, the closest I will ever get to flying, not into skydiving.

Thanks boat chaser. I'm hoping they will work. The FatShark site states that they only guarantee the goggles will work with Immersion RC Gear.

You can send RVX signal video / audio into ANY goggles line input port. FatShark compatibility refers to the Frequencies they work, but if you have any frequency VTX / RVX working, you can take that video signal and send it to goggles, lcd monitrs, even big screen TVs-
Here there are some diagrams I made when begining with FPV:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25052727&postcount=4

What are the screens like? I mean, the FoV is about 30 degrees which seems really, really small to me. Like, smaller than my laptop screen at 3 feet.
I was playing with an Oculus Rift the other day and that has an FoV of over 110 degress and is very immersive. I know a few people are working on adapting the OR for FPV use with some success. I'm thinking of going down the OR route but it's a shame I have to carry a laptop to do the image processing.

Jumanoc - THANK YOU for the great info.

jumanoc said:
You can send RVX signal video / audio into ANY goggles line input port. FatShark compatibility refers to the Frequencies they work, but if you have any frequency VTX / RVX working, you can take that video signal and send it to goggles, lcd monitrs, even big screen TVs-
Here there are some diagrams I made when begining with FPV:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25052727&postcount=4

ericty said:
I'm a newbie and a new owner of a Phantom kit outfitted by DSLRPros. I got the Pro DP edition kit which included a 5.8GHz FPV with field monitor. The specs say I can hook up FPV goggles to the RX via the A/V output. Was going to just buy the goggles from DSLRPros but they only sell the complete kit (with TX and RX) and I'm thinking I only need the goggles. Anyone have any suggestions on a aftermarket FPV goggles that will work with my existing system? Was looking at the FatShark Dominator or Attitude (as it has similar specs as the DSLRPros one).

I have the Fatshark Attitude and I am happy with them. I decided for Attitude since it is the only model that allow to adjust IPD and I was right, I am on the widest IPD and still perhaps I would like to have a bit more :eek: .

If your IPD is not the right one (shorter, larger) to be in the range of the other models the price to pay is to see blurry on the edges.

I recommend you to check that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik