FPV Glasses

Celt in Siam said:
Is anyone using Fatshark, Vuzix or similar glasses for FPV? Any feedback on preference and user experience [feel disoriented?] would be helpful.

Fatsharks are VERY popularly used. many go with the Predator or Attitude models.

it's a bit surreal flying FPV, even more so if you're connecting to a GoPro attached to a gimbal, but it's really the best way to get the shot.

In "another place" people have reported good things using Zeiss Cinemizer goggles which, again, accept HDMI (converter available for iPhone, if you have a Nexus 4 then you can use SlimPort adapter to get HDMI out).

But again, the price! Still, it's plug-and-play. The problem with the Fatshark solution is that the Fatshark transmitters run on 5.8GHz - the same as our control frequency, so potentially problematic, even before you work out how to power the on-board kit required (small FPV camera, FPV transmitter) and where to stick it...

Pull_Up said:
In "another place" people have reported good things using Zeiss Cinemizer goggles which, again, accept HDMI (converter available for iPhone, if you have a Nexus 4 then you can use SlimPort adapter to get HDMI out).

But again, the price! Still, it's plug-and-play. The problem with the Fatshark solution is that the Fatshark transmitters run on 5.8GHz - the same as our control frequency, so potentially problematic, even before you work out how to power the on-board kit required (small FPV camera, FPV transmitter) and where to stick it...

Yep, looks like a HOLD for now, too expensive for what it brings to the table. Actually I'd be happy flying with my iPhone display if DGI could make the Distance/Altitude/Speed graphics bigger and with better contrast to assist my elderly eyesight...

Celt in Siam said:
The Vuzix looks like the best to work with the Vision as it plugs into the iPhone so no need for any extra bits on the bird. But the price...... :(

I got some second hand ones for £65 off of ebay... Work well... :)

I have a set of SkyZone goggles that I like very much. They have a lot of nice features like "diversity" recievers and a little "cyclops" camera mounted in the goggles so you can just push a button and see outside view. Bought mine at Foxtech.com with no problems and quick free shipping. They run out of supply though so don't know if they have any in stock.

Sidewinder said:
I have a set of SkyZone goggles that I like very much. They have a lot of nice features like "diversity" recievers and a little "cyclops" camera mounted in the goggles so you can just push a button and see outside view. Bought mine at Foxtech.com with no problems and quick free shipping. They run out of supply though so don't know if they have any in stock.

SkyZone are great.

Yep, Sky Zone FPV Glasses look good but, for use with the Vision, I'm looking for models that I can plug into the existing A/V from an iPhone or Android phone. So far The only one with decent resolution is the Vuzix 1200 but mega $$$ :cry:

Pull_Up said:

Hey Pull Up...Ive got the Nexus 7 (2013) and this SlimPort adapter is supposed to work with it..However, the only difference is the Apple ipad HDMI adapter is a powered adapter when used with the Zeiss Cinemizer goggles, is it not ? Will that preclude the use of the SlimPort adapter because of this ?

I've not found anything that says it won't, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will either.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks, The Rookie

I have no idea. All I know is if I plug a SlimPort into my Nexus 4 I can see the screen mirrored in HD on my LED TV. The SlimPort has a USB power pass-through, but that's mainly to keep the phone charged whilst playing HD content. Bearing in mind the DJI app can be power hungry then you could use a portable USB power pack to keep the phone topped whilst sending to the Cinemizers (I use one on the back of my tx for keeping phone and range extender topped off when flying). As far as I am aware the goggles are powered by an internal rechargeable battery? However, I haven't seen a pair let alone used them, just going by the spec on their website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.