FPV glasses fatshark dominator v2 on a P3

Reaction score
I have a Nvidia shield and would like to know has anyone has got the
shield and fatshark dominator v2 to work?
If not what fpv glasses with hdmi will work with the shield ?
Thanks

Thanks

Don't know of anyone, including myself, that has been able to successfully get the Dom V2's to work with either the Nvidea Shield or the HDMI output of the Inspire !.

The Dom HD's work fine as do the Zeiss Cinemizers and the HeadPlay HD goggles.

:harry

Don't know of anyone, including myself, that has been able to successfully get the Dom V2's to work with either the Nvidea Shield or the HDMI output of the Inspire !.

The Dom HD's work fine as do the Zeiss Cinemizers and the HeadPlay HD goggles.

Hi Harry
Im tring to understand the differance between Dom v2 & the Dom HD and why the HD works, and the v2 doesnt. I think they both have the same resolution ?

Hi Harry
Im tring to understand the differance between Dom v2 & the Dom HD and why the HD works, and the v2 doesnt. I think they both have the same resolution ?

It's a somewhat confusing situation.

The FS Dom V2's have a published max resolution of 600 x 480

The FS Dom HD's have a published max resolution of 800 x 600 which is the same output as the DJI Inspire 1 and P3 HDMI boards. (This is not true HD resolution, and is where the real confusion begins...)

The Dom HD's are not ture HD as they can not support 720p or 1080p resolution. However, the "HD" term has stuck with the goggles.

Likewise, though the Dom V2's have an HDMI input they are limited to VGA resolution and can not down convert from the output of the DJI HDMI board. The idea behind offering an HDMI input on the Dom V2's was to support some gaming devices.

The only true HD goggles that I know of are the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED goggles and the Range Video HeadPlays. There is a new HeadPlay type HD goggle now coming out of Russia called the eYebox, but I have only seen photos.

Soooo...the Dom V2's won't workin their stock configuration. An outboard down converter might be an option but I have not heard on on in successful use so far. The Dom HD's are discontinued though still available at a discount for about $550.00, the HEadPlay are slowly being shipped with about a 60 day delivery window. The HeadPlays cost $250 and include an integrated 32 channel 5.8 gHz video Rx. The HeadPlays use a small HD video monitor instead of two individual led screens. The visual effect is more cinematic than immersive.

My HP's should be here by Monday and I'll post my initial impressions. If they don't do it for me I'm going to buy a pair of Dom HD's.

Reactions: Lgibson100
It's a somewhat confusing situation.

The FS Dom V2's have a published max resolution of 600 x 480

The FS Dom HD's have a published max resolution of 800 x 600 which is the same output as the DJI Inspire 1 and P3 HDMI boards. (This is not true HD resolution, and is where the real confusion begins...)

The Dom HD's are not ture HD as they can not support 720p or 1080p resolution. However, the "HD" term has stuck with the goggles.

Likewise, though the Dom V2's have an HDMI input they are limited to VGA resolution and can not down convert from the output of the DJI HDMI board. The idea behind offering an HDMI input on the Dom V2's was to support some gaming devices.

The only true HD goggles that I know of are the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED goggles and the Range Video HeadPlays. There is a new HeadPlay type HD goggle now coming out of Russia called the eYebox, but I have only seen photos.

Soooo...the Dom V2's won't workin their stock configuration. An outboard down converter might be an option but I have not heard on on in successful use so far. The Dom HD's are discontinued though still available at a discount for about $550.00, the HEadPlay are slowly being shipped with about a 60 day delivery window. The HeadPlays cost $250 and include an integrated 32 channel 5.8 gHz video Rx. The HeadPlays use a small HD video monitor instead of two individual led screens. The visual effect is more cinematic than immersive.

My HP's should be here by Monday and I'll post my initial impressions. If they don't do it for me I'm going to buy a pair of Dom HD's.

My Nebula "Alien Sunglasses has a much higher resolution than FS , resolution is comparable to cinemizers but the picture looks bigger and a better format size equal to the 1280x720 that is the 16x9 format My NAS fpv is the best priced for the best quality picture

Thanks
My glasses plug directly into the shields hdmi out, the power supply is needed though however when used with the shield, I highly recommend getting the hdmi out board, The board gives you a different compilation of the data and picture that is being displayed out the hdmi out port than what is compilated on your pad, plus the glasses require no power when plugged directly into the remote, you can pull up the maps on your pad and still have the picture in your glasses also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic