FPV freezes at 1ft AGL

Reaction score
My FPV camera image freezes once the P2V is a foot or more above the ground. The camera still records the entire flight, and I can watch it after landing, but FPV is unavailable. Initially I thought the WiFi signal was bad so I purchased and installed a new RE500 WiFi Extender for $99 and then added an auxiliary battery to make sure I wasn't running out of power. It didn't make any difference.

Earlier today, I updated Autopilot system and Central Board to v3.00 and V1.0.1.25 respectively, and just now I flashed the FC200 camera to V1.1.19. Still no change.

I've even tried pressing the unlabeled button under the FC200 camera. Nothing! (What is the button supposed to do?)

I'm out of ideas. Anyone?

Wow...strange-o!
I have lost FPV during flight with several ways of recovering the picture. Once I had to simply land and physically switch the camera off then on. Other times I have backed out of the app and restarted it.
Your issue sounds very systematic. I assume this happens reliably every time you fly?
Can you hear the fan running in the camera?
Any unusual vibrations from the Vision?
One last less technical question...is your range extender fully charged?

Hope you find a solution. No FPV would not be much fun. :cry:

Byroman said:
Your issue sounds very systematic. I assume this happens reliably every time you fly?

Sadly, yes. The camera works fine on the ground and even after engine start, but as soon as the P2V starts climbing, the FPV picture pixelates/freezes/goes green or some combination of the three. And no, I can't hear the camera fan over the propeller noise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxgh0g ... sp=sharing

That image shows my picnic table just after takeoff.

My phone is a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2

Lower your preview resolution... It is the new phantom App issue with androids... My nexus 7 did the same thing... I lowered the preview resolution the rebooted everything and reinstalled batteries ... Worked ever since but I really would like the higher resolution if I could get it.but it is what it is till DJI fixes this issue with the new app version.

JimDE said:
Lower your preview resolution... It is the new phantom App issue with androids...

JimDE, that did the trick - I set preview resolution all the way down to 320x240, 15fps and suddenly FPV works again! Thank you very much!

I reported this the day the update arrived...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11806

Personally... I think a lot more data is being exchanged through that bandwidth, probably having to do with the "limits" feature...

-slinger

Convinced me not to update the Vision or app... I'm staying with 1.0.38 until such time i dont see all these different issues in the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers