FPV for research Project, but how to use menus ??

Reaction score
Hey

Long story I am using the DJI Phantom 3 professional for a research project where we study the behavior of small whales. This is a awesome technology and gives us new insight.

BUT I am faced with some difficulties since we are looking for small whales on the video feed, often on a boat, bright daylight etc. I simply have difficulties often sitting with jackets over my head etc. So for that reason I am tempted to try out something like the Zeiss One VR with a smartphone. BUT thinking about it how do you then adjust settings on the fly.. Exposure, video on off etc, all of those things that is done by touch screen normally ? Would those requirements make the use of googles highly impractical ??

Looking forward to hear your experiences. I would use it to get a better picture, hopefully much more shaded, but how about IQ ?

We normally don't change settings during the flights. However common setting changes are possible thru RC.

I use goggles on HDMI port and also use an iPad on USB port. I get two displays and use iPad to adjust settings.

I suggest go for good HDMI goggle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ahh ok good advice I did not know that I could use both at the same time. What are the best hdmi goggles available?

Reactions: tml4191

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers