FPV for Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post here so bear with me please. I recently purchased a Phantom Vision 2and am loving every minute of it!!. I would however, like to get away from using my small Samsung ACE II to connect to the DJI app as it is very difficult to see. I would appreciate some advice from you more experienced members as to what I can do to move to a better FPV solution. Can you recommend some specific products, what would I need to purchase and how difficult would the setup be?

Thanks!

Jimcam58 said:
Hi everyone,

First post here so bear with me please. I recently purchased a Phantom Vision 2and am loving every minute of it!!. I would however, like to get away from using my small Samsung ACE II to connect to the DJI app as it is very difficult to see. I would appreciate some advice from you more experienced members as to what I can do to move to a better FPV solution. Can you recommend some specific products, what would I need to purchase and how difficult would the setup be?

Thanks!

I use a ipad mini and like it a lot :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 668
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 652
I use iPhone 5S which is good I think. You want to make sure that you have a Preview Quality up 640x480 30fps. Hope this might help little..

Jimcam58 said:
Thanks for the feedback, all is appreciated. Would it be a difficult setup to use fat shark goggles?
I, too, would like to know about Fat Shark + P2V.

Then probably have to switch you transmitter and receiver too no? Just make sure you can get 2.4ghz fpv kit since your receiver and transmitter runs on 5.8ghz.

Not trying to hijack this thread but being that it was the only one I noticed directly discussing the vision in regards to fpv setups. Is one of those 7" black pearl setups doable with the p2v? Just not sure if options are limited since it seems you get more customizability options with a phantom 2. If it is is there any extra accessories that are needed to be purchased along with the black pearl? Sorry again if I hijacked this thread but I thought it might be better than making a thread that might already exist and I'm sure this question or similar has been asked before, just could not find it.

M.Tigelaar said:
Jimcam58 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Can you see the ipad mini out in the sunlight?
I use my Galaxy s3 phone now and its useless in the sunlight. (I even tried a sunshade and it didnt help at all.

dtviewer said:
M.Tigelaar said:
Jimcam58 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Can you see the ipad mini out in the sunlight?
I use my Galaxy s3 phone now and its useless in the sunlight. (I even tried a sunshade and it didnt help at all.

Not really good, I usually stand somewhere in the shade, then it's okay :D
I have no sunshade on it ;)

fastsmiles said:
Anyone using goggles that plug into your smartphone?

Like the Carl Zeiss Cinemizer Oled ?
That's the only one I think ;)
Others need a adapter to HDMI or composit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 424
I am getting desperate for a better FPV setup on my P2V+, only used iphone 5s so far, to small to dim from glare unless i am in the shade, I am headed down the goggles path for sure. Just can't figure it all out yet. Ipad mini coming for now. Shoot I guess I have been wanting one anyway.

RIDETOEAT said:
I can find a HDMI output for my iphone 5s here,

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098 ... av-adapter

And hdmi input goggles here

http://itvgoggles.com/shop/wideview-3dxi/

but I must be missing something ??? Please advise, I am all read out for now and still don't understand what the issue is, is it poor resolution ?? will it not work like it seems ??

Doug...

Doug,
Your 5s use a lightning output I think.
Not 30 pin.
For lightning you need this one
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826 ... r?fnode=3a

RIDETOEAT said:
Yes , I pasted the wrong link !! Thanks , should this work though

:D

Looks nice but still a lot of money.
I'm waiting on a converter for my Cinemizer plus (the old version)
I have bought them for €100, but they have composit input ;)
I go from the ipad mini lightning to vga
And the converter goes from vga to composit.
So I have a lot of wires, also the converter needs power input.
If I like the goggles I take a iPhone 4s and then I can put the 4s direct on the goggles :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20