FPV experience with P3 or P4 ???

Reaction score
I stated with building quads about 6 years ago. I had advanced to FPV flying and crashing QAV-400's and it was a blast. Hung all that up when the P3P came out. Now I'm the proud new owner of a P4.

Now here is my question for those that fly a P3 or P4 fpv. Is it fun? Do you get that same cockpit feeling?

Looking at an iPad is cool but totally different then when I had my fatsharks.

I'm thinking about buying the HDMI board and some goggles, just wanted a little input from someone who already has flown this craft FPV.
thx

Reactions: Brian089
I stated with building quads about 6 years ago. I had advanced to FPV flying and crashing QAV-400's and it was a blast. Hung all that up when the P3P came out. Now I'm the proud new owner of a P4.

Now here is my question for those that fly a P3 or P4 fpv. Is it fun? Do you get that same cockpit feeling?

Looking at an iPad is cool but totally different then when I had my fatsharks.

I'm thinking about buying the HDMI board and some goggles, just wanted a little input from someone who already has flown this craft FPV.
thx
I was Thinking on the same lines as this,getting a HDMI Board for my P3P, and Some Headplay FPV

I think there would be some advantages to using an HDMI connection but it can still only deliver 720p resolution at best. I haven't used the headplay and I am still considering it but as far as I can tell it isn't even available now(at least not for retail price of $250).

If you haven't tried using VR box or a similar goggle system I would suggest you try this first as it is a lot cheaper. There is a thread on the P3 board I am listing a link for below.

Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

i fly fpv sometimes for to accomplish specific shots where it is actually easier to go full fpv vs line of sight and full fpv.... I've never used my fat sharks because i always want to have the ability to use line of sight if necessary easily. that said... yea its just as thrilling as flying my custom quad with fat sharks, however, the wide angle and bigger bird makes it tough to confidently fly through small spaces... if you crash with the phantom its pretty much a 1300 dollar paper weight that you can sell for 700 .... vs crashing with a mini quad you can make easier cheaper repairs..... so i you love fpv stick with mini quad... but if you have a phantom, definelty try going full fpv in the right environments (ones you fully understand and know the obstacles and can confirm no people nearby.

I do "sightseeing" FPV on the phantom and free style FPV on race quads.
I have headplay, boscam and Zeiss Cinemizer OLED goggles.
Headplay would be the best as it's so large, sharp and very immersive. Sadly, I get movement sickness when I am using HD
Zeiss doesn't give me sickness. The display is great (colour, sharpness) .. but it's small and feels like you're sitting on the back raw in the cinema ... and not as immersive as the HD.
I use boscam for free style FPV.

FPVing with Phantom is great for sightseeing, exploring new areas etc I use my Zeiss for this.

HDMI based googles in general are expensive and currently P3/P4 give only 720P output at hdmi port. One should think if this is the right time to invest in 720P goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic