FPV downlink recomendation, plus WiFi extenders

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my second post here and I hope someone will welcome me!

Seriously: I have a Phantom 2, with Gimbal (can't recall the long name!) and my second GoPro 3, black edition. My goal is to have a 5.8Ghz video downlink, with a monitor attached to the transmitter. I have an iphone, two ipads and a 7" video monitor. But, I really need advice on the best performing (and least problems) downlink.

I know that the Phantom 2 uses 2.4Ghz, so other than using a different frequency, within that band, I think 5.8Ghz would be the best option. But, I do have an amateur radio license, so there might be a better frequency available.

Although not within this subject, I would like to add certain features that the original transmitter and receiver can't handle. I have an old Futaba 9Z (helicopter version) that I adapted from 50Mhz to 2.4Ghz. Is it worth trying to upgrade that transmitter or should I go with the Futaba 10 channel transmitter that claims to be multi-rotor ready? Lastly, is there a better transmitter? Futaba used to sell the best transmitters. But, I have been out of the hobby so long that things may have changed.

Finally, (I hear the cheers!) what are the best WiFi extenders, in the 2.4Ghz range? Do they work??

Thanks Gals and Guys. My dumb questions will hopefully become more intelligent with time!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj