FPV distance on tablets

Reaction score
Hi

Following on from several postings that have said the kindle fire HD is a great performer.

I bought one last week and it is good, however when I look at the specs of what I bought I have the version 2 (latest gen) which has only 1 antenna however the first gen has 2.

Has anyone done a comparison on distance between gen 1 and gen 2 kindle fire HD 7 inch ?

thanks

I am new to all this so I am sure someone that knows what is going on will jump in but doesn't the tablet and phone just connect to the extender on the transmitter?

If so, there is no difference in range because you are only connecting 3"

Not on the fc40

The phone/tablet connects to the camera directly by wifi

There is no extender built in on the fc40. (unless you add one of course) :)

I dont have an HD kindle fire but have an old regular kindle fire with just one antenna in it and it would get me out to 350-380 meters on the video. Id picture the HD would be just as good if not better on the wifi range.

OK, did not notice we were in the FC40 forum :(

I just noticed you have a vision + which needs the extender to connect to the camera. whic has better range them even most tablets have. But the ap for the vision and the plus dont work on all tablets unless they are at least android 4 or above. Tho I have heard the vision app will work on a kindle fire hd it dont work on a reguler non hd kindle.

You have to side load the vision app onto the kindle fire HD.
I also side loaded the fc40 app.

Which I have done.

was this on a regular kindle fire not and HD??? I cant seem to get the vision app to side load at all on my regular fire. It just keeps saying it cant parse the fire. Every time no matter how I try.

The ap for the fc40 side loads easy as pie. its just the one for my vision that just dont seem to want to load for me. Others that have said they got it going on a kindle turned out they all had the HD versions.

It is the latest fire 16gb HD I have.

I used es file explorer to install it.

And it is the latest vision app, though I did install the previous one before hand.

robinb said:
Hi

Following on from several postings that have said the kindle fire HD is a great performer.

I bought one last week and it is good, however when I look at the specs of what I bought I have the version 2 (latest gen) which has only 1 antenna however the first gen has 2.

Has anyone done a comparison on distance between gen 1 and gen 2 kindle fire HD 7 inch ?

thanks

I found the version 2 performed better. However, I didn't find either of them had significantly better range than my iPhone 5s, contrary to what other people have found.

Thats interesting.

I have the 2 ( I thought I had ordered the 1st version of an ebay seller).
From the specs the first version of kindle has 2 aerials, but v2 only has one.
My iPhone I think has less range than the kindle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj