FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

His wife gave it to him for his 50th birthday but he has to wear the apron around the house for a year now and do all the housework ! Bahahaaaaa :D
Always got an apron on round the house;) yep do all the house work, fire up the Hoover, cos Christmas is on its way... Wonder what she'll buy me then:D

Flying the inspire is just the same as the phantom but the pilot app is totally different.

Reactions: dirkclod
That's not too bad of a trade LOL. My ex busts on me for the money I have been shelling out the last 6 months on quads. I'm like what the hell do you care! I started off with the Syma x5c, x5w and x8c all of which are still enjoyable to mess around with but I love my P2V!
I'll be keeping my P2V cos I love it still & that's the one I'll be taking with me on my hols in a couple of months;)

Always got an apron on round the house;) yep do all the house work, fire up the Hoover, cos Christmas is on its way... Wonder what she'll buy me then:D

Flying the inspire is just the same as the phantom but the pilot app is totally different.
Porky ya old enough to know how it works or does here . If my wife buys say a $1000.00 rifle for me then that means I have to buy her something that cost more than that ! Or me be in Troooooble :eek: That's just the way it works around my house . If she says ....Oh you don't have to get me nothing
...Do Not Believe That !!!!!!!!! So the way I see it ....ya already in the hole 3 Grand so ya better hope she only gives ya socks for Christmas :)

Reactions: Clampit
Well all I'm gonna say is she love diamonds & we are very friendly with a jeweller in St Maarten so I'll have to return the favour:( no what I mean, cor how much is that gonna cost me:eek:

Well all I'm gonna say is she love diamonds & we are very friendly with a jeweller in St Maarten so I'll have to return the favour:( no what I mean, cor how much is that gonna cost me:eek:
A Lot !!!!!!!

Reactions: Clampit
A Lot !!!!!!!
Yep I think you could be right:eek: her last diamond was a certified hearts & arrows diamond mounted in an eternity ring, cost me my life........:eek:

But she's worth it;)

I know what you mean about the Naza-M mode, I think this mode is much more helpful & safer just in case you do get into a tricky situation;)

Yep it's a I1, only flown it 3 times hence me being the same as you;) learn, learn learn;)

So at the mo still taking it easy with it, just need to get my confedence up, take my time & all should be good. I've also joined the inspire forum on here which is also helping me out.;)

Yep my good lady loves me to bits.....:)
It seems like a lot of people make it sound way more complicated than it is and horror stories from nobs who can't keep the S1 and S2 switches straight don't help anyone out. DJI really spreads some fear switching modes as well. As you said it is very helpful and much safer if you take your time, do your research and get advice from the friendly knowledgeable people such as yourself here on Phantom Pilots.

I am glad I joined the forum and hocked up with you Dirk and Squid among others. Thanks guys for making a newbie feel welcome:D:D;)

Hey Mike,

You are more than welcome my friend;) we all started out the same as you. AlI done was read, ask questions, checked out YouTube then when I felt confident I took my phantom out. Pooed me pants the 1st time though...:)

I know what you mean about DJI scaring us about Naza-M mode but they are only looking out for us. To many people go out & fly for the 1st time with out doing any research & they crash:eek: but like what I said there's no rush.

Yep this forum is great for help & laughs & I've learnt sooooo much being part of it, I asked so many newbie questions & got them all answered which was great but again read the manual the read it again & again, that's what I done.

I also played with my phantom in doors with prop off so I could get used to the LEDs (lights) & what they meant which helps;)

I'm going through the learning curve again with my inspire, so I'm playing with it in doors but I now have the flight sim to help me out which is great, this is standard with the inspire/P3 pilot app.

Glad you joined & keep coming back;)

Last edited:
Hey Mike,

You are more than welcome my friend;) we all started out the same as you. AlI done was read, ask questions, checked out YouTube then when I felt confident I took my phantom out. Pooed me pants the 1st time though...:)

I know what you mean about DJI scaring us about Naza-M mode but they are only looking out for us. To many people go out & fly for the 1st time with out doing any research & they crash:eek: but like what I said there's no rush.

Yep this forum is great for help & laughs & I've learnt sooooo much being part of it, I asked so many newbie questions & got them all answered which was great but again read the manual the read it again & again, that's what I done.

I also played with my phantom in doors with prop off so I could get used to the LEDs (lights) & what they meant which helps;)

I'm going through the learning curve again with my inspire, so I'm playing with it in doors but I now have the flight sim to help me out which is great, this is standard with the inspire/P3 pilot app.

Glad you joined & keep coming back;)

I know what you mean I was too scared to rush it. I spent hours watching videos, reading posts here and read the manual over and over before I even charged the batteries the first time.

Did the same thing with the LEDs too and had to do it again this weekend to learn the changes to them in Naza mode.

Can't imagine investing in a P2V and just taking it out of the box and try to fly it, just plan daft!

My buddy and I set up a 100' rope anchored at each end with only a little slack and then attached the P2V to it with a 20' rope and flew them back and forth and up and down the rig with a half a dozen battery charges before we had the nerve to set it free. Still had to change my shorts after the first time I flew it without the training wheels.

This forum is great and I have learned so much from you guys. It's also very refreshing finding experienced guys like you all who take the time to help us newbies out! I look forward to staying in touch with my new found cyber buddies. It's a real pleasure and I'm here to stay!

Thanks Dirk both switches up is on my pre-flight checklist!

Gosh I'm blushing:oops::oops:.........
Another person that's hooked with this forum.;)

Gosh I'm blushing:oops::oops:.........
Another person that's hooked with this forum.;)
Yep hooked thanks to the friendly people here:D

Yep hooked thanks to the friendly people here:D
We try;) that's one of the reasons why people here can't get rid of little ol meeeeeeeeee:D

We try;) that's one of the reasons why people here can't get rid of little ol meeeeeeeeee:D

Who would want to your the backbone here;) Emailed Keri at RPG last night to see how the production run is coming along but no response yet. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Oh I've finally talked my buddy into plugging in his P2V to the assistant and update the firmware. He's afraid that if he does big brother is going to limit what he can do with his or that big brother will be watching LOL. I've shown him my settings and that you still have the option to set all parameters plus all the advantages of Naza mode. He's a little on the paranoid side but I finally have him convinced.

You will get your RPG, trust me on that;) it took me a couple of emails, then I waited then I got conformation it was shipped. Sooooooooooo when it comes, well all I'm gonna say is, you'll be chuffed to bits with it.;) Installation is straight forward & again just take your time, no rush.

I was worried to as you were emailed him when I ordered mine as well and no response but he did email eventually and he did ship it so you will get it, and as Porky said it makes a world of difference, you be real happy with it when it finally does come....I love mine

Squid & I ordered ours at about the same time, yep we did have a delay but they were shipped;) I think Keri is a very busy man but he won't let you down.

Squid & I ordered ours at about the same time, yep we did have a delay but they were shipped;) I think Keri is a very busy man but he won't let you down.
Thanks guys I guess I just have to be patient. Keri did say in an earlier email that they were nearing the end of the latest production run and that they would ship by the end of the month. It's just tough cause I'm not the patient type LOL and I can't wait to get the RPG on my bird!

Have a great weekend and I hope you have good flying weather. Gonna be hot and humid here in Pennsylvania but low winds and clear skies.

It's just tough cause I'm not the patient type LOL and I can't wait to get the RPG on my bird!

Lol:D yep we are all the same, want things like "yesterday" I was exactly the same waiting for mine;)

Weathers crap here in the UK soooo more flying in doors;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl