FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

Good idea! That plus the 30 mm snap on riser extensions and I should be cooking with gas.

Good idea! That plus the 30 mm snap on riser extensions and I should be cooking with gas.
You sure will buddy;) sounds like a plan:)
giphy.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
You sure will buddy;) sounds like a plan:)
Not a very bright one in that kitchen ;-). Not cooking with gas tonight the **** gas grill cylinder took a dump halfway grilling steaks arrgh. Got the snap on leg extensions today and they are nice and sturdy. I wish RotorPixel would hurry up and finish the production run and ship my gimbal.

Lol;)

Yep we all had to wait for the shipment of our RPG's but it's worth the wait.
It will happen & when it arrives you won't know what's hit ya, brillent piece of kit;) others will back me up on that;)

Sorry for this wasted post, had to get off my last message count number.

That's better.

Lol;)

Yep we all had to wait for the shipment of our RPG's but it's worth the wait.
It will happen & when it arrives you won't know what's hit ya, brillent piece of kit;) others will back me up on that;)

Good god man when do you sleep? LOL Yes the waiting is the hardest part but from all I've seen and heard about the RPG the wait will be worth it. At least its not on a slow boat from China ;-). Have you seen that the RPG website says "We have the technology to stabilize the 3rd axis, so it's just a matter of time before we finish developing a simple, elegant, and easy-to-use upgrade package which will interface with our existing 2-axis gimbal". That will be a nice feature if it's not too pricey!

Porky, Squid and Dirk, Have any of you guys run the 3.14 firmware update? I had never plugged my P2V into the assistant software until a few days ago and was prepared to have 3.12 installed when bam the 3.14 update started running. If any of you have updated to 3.14 have you had any problems? Seems like some people have but I haven't noticed any difference. Also in the near future I want to enable the Naza mode and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction as far as threads, videos, how to's etc. that you trust before I make this leap into the next level.

I have 3.14 and not had any issues what so ever .Seems I remember some having problems calibrating the compass but I didn't .
I thought they pulled 3.12 .

Same here no problems at all with 3.14.

I switched my P2V over to Naza mode today and did a few test flights. I must admit I was a little nervous at first being fairly new to the P2V but after reading threads here and watching Simon's on the kitchen table videos I had no glitches what so ever and by the third battery I was zipping around having a blast. Can't wait for my RotorPixel Gimbal to arrive!

Thanks very much to all who have responded to my posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porky, Squid and Dirk, Have any of you guys run the 3.14 firmware update? I had never plugged my P2V into the assistant software until a few days ago and was prepared to have 3.12 installed when bam the 3.14 update started running. If any of you have updated to 3.14 have you had any problems? Seems like some people have but I haven't noticed any difference. Also in the near future I want to enable the Naza mode and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction as far as threads, videos, how to's etc. that you trust before I make this leap into the next level.

Sorry for the delay in answering but I'm the same as dirk, I upgraded to 3.14 when it 1st came out & had no probs with it or anything else like compass calibration etc;)

Sorry for the delay in answering but I'm the same as dirk, I upgraded to 3.14 when it 1st came out & had no probs with it or anything else like compass calibration etc;)
Where you been and I don't want to hear no Bla Bla Bla o_O You have obligations here so get with it before we have a BBQ :)

Reactions: Clampit
Where you been and I don't want to hear no Bla Bla Bla o_O You have obligations here so get with it before we have a BBQ :)
Pm coming;) just chilling today, sleep followed my more sleep:D batteries now charged, for me not me phantom:D

Hey Mike,
When I 1st started flying I just left it in phantom mode until I got my confidence up then I change to naza-M mode. Naza is far better cos you've got the "fail safe" "course lock" "home lock" functions.

All I would say is, just take your time, there's no rush & all should go well. I'm in a very simular position to you at the mo I'm just getting used to my new bird.;)

No worries thanks for answering.

Hey Mike,
When I 1st started flying I just left it in phantom mode until I got my confidence up then I change to naza-M mode. Naza is far better cos you've got the "fail safe" "course lock" "home lock" functions.

All I would say is, just take your time, there's no rush & all should go well. I'm in a very simular position to you at the mo I'm just getting used to my new bird.;)

I was a little hesitant but I'm glad I switched it over to Naza mode. I flew three batteries worth yesterday and just got back in from buzzing around with three more messing with the IOC features. And having the failsafe enabled really boosted my confidence!

Your new bird is an Inspire right? Congratulations I'm very envious ;-)!!!!

I was a little hesitant but I'm glad I switched it over to Naza mode. I flew three batteries worth yesterday and just got back in from buzzing around with three more messing with the IOC features. And having the failsafe enabled really boosted my confidence!

His wife gave it to him for his 50th birthday but he has to wear the apron around the house for a year now and do all the housework ! Bahahaaaaa :D

His wife gave it to him for his 50th birthday but he has to wear the apron around the house for a year now and do all the housework ! Bahahaaaaa :D
That's not too bad of a trade LOL. My ex busts on me for the money I have been shelling out the last 6 months on quads. I'm like what the hell do you care! I started off with the Syma x5c, x5w and x8c all of which are still enjoyable to mess around with but I love my P2V!

I know what you mean about the Naza-M mode, I think this mode is much more helpful & safer just in case you do get into a tricky situation;)

Yep it's a I1, only flown it 3 times hence me being the same as you;) learn, learn learn;)

So at the mo still taking it easy with it, just need to get my confedence up, take my time & all should be good. I've also joined the inspire forum on here which is also helping me out.;)

Yep my good lady loves me to bits.....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4