FPV display advice, fatshark or black pearl?

Reaction score
Sup everyone,

I am about to buy the last component needed for my FPV setup, the display.

The ImmersionRC 600mw is already installed on my p2,
Should i go for the fatshark predator v2 or the black pearl and why?

The Black Pearl screen? Sounds like your question boils down to goggles vs screen?
goggles give you a more immersive flight experience and you don't have any problems with sunlight, but they can make it harder to transition from goggle-flight to actually just looking at the device for example when you want to land or catch it.
Goggles are also more expensive...Google says those Predators are over $400 and the BP diversity screen is $200 so... sounds like it boils down to your budget.

imo goggles are also more of a "lone wolf" type of thing they say "don't talk to me". Pretty much every time I fly I get at least a few people come talk to me, and it's fun to be able to just look over my shoulder or show them the screen so they can see what I'm seeing... but of course there are downsides like screens don't work well in sunlight so you have to be in shade or facing away or whatever

I have both the BP and Fatshark Attitude V2 goggles. I use the goggles more often than my monitor as that is my preference for the following reasons:

1. No glare with goggles. Even with the sunshade, you still have to deal with some glare on the monitor.
2. The total immersion of goggles gives me better control, or at least that has been my experience.
3. For me the monitor can be distracting. What I mean is that with the monitor, you're not stuck in first person and I'll wander watching my Phantom in third person. The change in perspective affects the way I can control my Phantom.

One more thing I wanted to add, the monitor is 720 so it produces a better looking picture than goggles. The image still isn't HD, but it does look clearer than through my goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl