FPV Deluxe Combo, GPS Tracker, carbon props

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am new here, but I already have Phantom 2 with gimbal and Hero 3 Black for a few days. Yesterday was the first flight - awesome.

My questions regards FPV, props and GPS tracker (as a flyaway protection).

1. Whats your opinion about this combo?

http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php ... s_id=10721{50}199

Its pretty decent I think, all in one receiver with nice screen.
2. It would'nt be better changing the stock antennas (on tx and/or rx) to clover leaf ones?

3. Why the Tx module doesn't have housing? It doesn't look nice.

4. Do you have any alternative module to Garmin GTU-10? Is there any full-free solution? I read your revievs about that device and the manufacturer is well known... But maybe there is another option? BTW I found nice 3d-printed mount for GTU-10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSjqrpyWNU

5. Do you use carbon propellers? There are stiff and hard - will them work better? Longer flight time?

6. I wonder about propellers guards (http://www.helipal.com/propeller-guard- ... ision.html). I think they can be helpful in bad landings (due to possilbe propellers damages) and some accidents... (tfu tfu tfu) - just for safety.

7. Do I need something else to connect that FPV Combo and iOSD mini to Phantom 2 or it is everything?

8. FPV transmitter is powered directly from Phantom battery?

Thank you guys! To keep the order, please answer to particular questions :)

1 - Looks OK
2 - Yes, get clover-leaf antennas
3 - They all come like this. The DJI vRx is the only one I know of that has a housing
4 - There are a few cheap GPS trackers and I've tried a few myself. They are nearly all junk. Get the Garmin.
5 - I used to but switched to the standard Vision props for my Phantom 1. I think these are the same as you get with the Phantom 2.
6 - Waste of time. They add weight.
7 - Assuming you have a GoPro already, that kit look like everything you will need; apart from tools such as a soldering iron to connect up the iOSD
8 - Yes, this is how you power the vTx

2 - What's the difference in quality of transmission? In the receiver - change both of them? So, in my case, I should buy three pieces of http://www.helipal.com/dji-5-8ghz-clove ... k1245vt460 ?

3. Weird.

5. Genuine ones are soft and you can band them easy. Carbon have to be very hard - so its a big difference... but in the quality of flight/flight time as well?

6. What about safety aspect?

Thanks for argumentative answer.

You only need 2 antenna. A 4 leaf and a 3 leaf for the vTx and the vRx. It massively increases the range of your video transmission.
Yes, carbon is harder however I've flown with many different props from wooden Zingers, to Graupners, to CF ones of all shapes and sizes. The Phantom Vision props are the best by miles.
Prop guards for safety. Sure. If you like. Better to not hit people with the quad in the first place.

Krzyhuw said:
Thanks for argumentative answer.

Argumentative answer? WTF? I just answered your questions. I won't bother in future.

What does it mean '4 leaf' and '3 leaf' antenna? I understand that one for vTx (on Phantom) and two antennas for xRx (on the fpv screen, because of double receiver in model I have posted above).

Better to not hit people with the quad in the first place.

Absolutely :)

Argumentative answer? WTF? I just answered your questions. I won't bother in future.

Do not get me wrong! I have to improve my english, I used wrong word. I meant that your answer is very helpful, simple and satisfactory. I am from Poland - and our "Phantom", even "Drone" or "RC" boards are pretty small and people in general are unhelpful. I'm just pleased that people are so kind and helpful for strangers - it should be normal, but... So, peace - sorry for misunderstanding, if so.

rilot said:

Looks like just auto correct at work, perhaps he/she meant:
"Augmentative" which may mean increasing in clarity, so a compliment for your answers.

"rzeczowy" is polish for argumentative, which holy crap is not even close & clearly isn't even derivative of English or vice versa. So you might give him the benefit of the doubt?

Buk's right his could have been trying to say:

Awesome :cool:

Agreeable ;)

Aggregate :geek:

Are great :D

Augmenting :cry:

**** retentive :shock:

Okay maybe the last one is a stretch & translated into Polish is "pamięcią analny" which still isn't close. :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1