FPV connection is horrible

Reaction score
okay I am hoping that you guys can help me out. Every time I launch my bird, my video either doesn't show up, freezes or it comes in very choppy. It records perfectly fine and the video plays perfect when I look at it on the computer. But on my phone, it's hit or miss and that is so frustrating. I have an android note 3 and I have tried to put it in airplane mode and all. I have tried using a booster app as well. Also It freezes when it is right in front front of me as well, not just in the air. Any ideas or tricks that I can do?

Can you try it on another device like an iPhone or something? That way you could check if it's the mobile device or your P2V+.

The odd thing is i have experienced the same thing a few days ago.
It was on a location that i previously had a hard time getting sat lock @ 16h local time.
I made the alu shielding mod and wanted to test that out.
Its a rural location, FPV was gone after 5m, came back but i wasn't able to get FPV greater the 30m.
I thought i finally killed the bird with the mods i made because i am used to have FPV showing difficulty's around 1600m.
I rebooted several times to no avail.
But the satellite test was good. I got a lock on the ground were i previously had to be in the air.
If its due to the mod is a question mark because i forgot to record conditions on the first attempt.
Yes sat reception depends on time of day and solar weather.
When i came home and the second battery was still full i toke the bird for a spin in a semi urban environment.
All worked out fine again.
My advice, try to test it in a different location, @ least go to a rural one.

Why i did have issue's with FPV ? There is a major gas pipeline nearby there, maybe it was due to that, not sure but it freaked me out !

wattage said:
Can you try it on another device like an iPhone or something? That way you could check if it's the mobile device or your P2V+.

Good idea, I will try that tomorrow, thanks. I will let you guys know what happens

ToThePoint said:
The odd thing is i have experienced the same thing a few days ago.
It was on a location that i previously had a hard time getting sat lock @ 16h local time.
I made the alu shielding mod and wanted to test that out.
Its a rural location, FPV was gone after 5m, came back but i wasn't able to get FPV greater the 30m.
I thought i finally killed the bird with the mods i made because i am used to have FPV showing difficulty's around 1600m.
I rebooted several times to no avail.
But the satellite test was good. I got a lock on the ground were i previously had to be in the air.
If its due to the mod is a question mark because i forgot to record conditions on the first attempt.
Yes sat reception depends on time of day and solar weather.
When i came home and the second battery was still full i toke the bird for a spin in a semi urban environment.
All worked out fine again.
My advice, try to test it in a different location, @ least go to a rural one.

Why i did have issue's with FPV ? There is a major gas pipeline nearby there, maybe it was due to that, not sure but it freaked me out !

This is everywhere I go, all different places and it happens all the time so location is out the door for me

I also just now took apart the gimble off of the supporters so I could get a better hands on the 3 connectors. I took them off and blew air inside and then reassembled. I did a video test in the house ( Last time the video was horrible ) This time it was flawless. Now off to test in the air. I will report back

Ok, no change at all. The only thing that worked was if I changed the settings to be 320 x 240 30fps. I didn't get any interruptions after that. Very starnge

Jeffin916 said:
Ok, no change at all. The only thing that worked was if I changed the settings to be 320 x 240 30fps. I didn't get any interruptions after that. Very starnge

same here.
on my HTC ONE m7 I have to use 320x240 as 640 is just unuseable.

well I just did the upgrade everything and there has been no change at all in the quality and 640 FPV.I'm getting really irritated with this whole quality thing. All I can do is watch to see where I'm going and hope that I don't run into anything because nothing comes through on my phone

just a thought??? have you opened up the phantom and checked to see if all the antenna connections are good?

I was unable to get 640 x 480 on my iPhone, the screen would freeze up almost immediately. I then killed all radio signals asside from WiFi and killed all processes running on the iPhone before launching the phantom vision app. afterwards I did Some flights at 640 x 480 15fps with no problems.

Maybe this will help. This is my procedure on my Note3:
1. Switch to airplane mode.
2. Re-enable wifi.
3. Go to "active apps" widget and select "RAM" tab. Select "Clear memory".
4. Turn on controller, extender, phantom in that order.
5. While waiting and glancing back and forth from phantom to phone, start vision app.
6. Wait for pahntom wifi in first app screen to connect (auto-connects for me).
7. After phantom wifi is shown, exit vision app using home button on phone, and enter booster app and boost the phantom wifi.
8. Re-enter vision app, select camera.
7. You know the rest.

It works flawlessly for me at 640x480 15 fps.

Maybe the "Clear memory" is something you haven't tried?

BlackTracer said:
Maybe this will help. This is my procedure on my Note3:
1. Switch to airplane mode.
2. Re-enable wifi.
3. Go to "active apps" widget and select "RAM" tab. Select "Clear memory".
4. Turn on controller, extender, phantom in that order.
5. While waiting and glancing back and forth from phantom to phone, start vision app.
6. Wait for pahntom wifi in first app screen to connect (auto-connects for me).
7. After phantom wifi is shown, exit vision app using home button on phone, and enter booster app and boost the phantom wifi.
8. Re-enter vision app, select camera.
7. You know the rest.

It works flawlessly for me at 640x480 15 fps.

Maybe the "Clear memory" is something you haven't tried?

Yes, thats what I have been doing since day one. Even used Clean Sweeper to clean all junk and still does it. I just took it apart and reconnected all connections and put back together so we will see tomorrow if it makes a difference. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4