Fpv connect to the goPro hero 3

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to connect the Fpv (Fat Shark predator V2) to the GoPro hero 3?

I have tried many ways but haven't figured it out jet.

Hope fore some help

Regard

Bjorn

Follow basic troubleshooting techniques.

Can you verify the GoPro is putting out a video feed? You would do this by connecting it to your TV or some other video monitor through the appropriate GoPro cable.

Do you have a separate video source that you can test the transmitter with? Either a camcorder or so device that you can verify it putting out a composite video signal via an RCA jack. Hook that up to the transmitter and see if you can get a signal at the receiver in.

Did you double check that TX and RX are on the same channel?

How did you power the TX? Did it come with a cable meant to be used with the Phantom or did you make one? Does the transmitter have lights to provide any kind of indication of functionality?

Thank you Gizmo 3000 for the cable source--I was having the same frustration trying to find a cable. I hope mine connects better than Bjorn's did, but will follow the recommendations if I have problems. At least getting the cable is the first step--a biggie!

Can I just cut the red wire to eliminate power to the gopro without messing everything else up?

frankdcohen said:
Can I just cut the red wire to eliminate power to the gopro without messing everything else up?
I hope so.
My problem with that cable is it won't fit trough any existing holes and I don't want to make another hole.
I have tried it out with all of the FPV parts taped together and velcro'd to the outside of the Phantom and it worked very well.The view through the GoPro is much clearer and sharper than the little FPV camera.

I also have all of my cables and the transmitter on the outside. I purchased a deeper battery door, which makes cabling to the battery much easier. I don't know if it is worth modifying the Phantom or just investing in a 450 or 550 or something like that.

I had som problems with my hero2 cable as well, turned out that they put the small cables on the other end in the wrong place (the black was in "power" and that was wrong. I put the black in "ground" and then video and audio for the other two. THen it worked fine.
/J

Bjorn Thore said:
I got my Gopro hero 3 fpv cabel. Need some help i can`t get it to work..

any ideas?

Regards
Bjorn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj