FPV can I set gopro to take pictures?

Reaction score
I never had a chance to test this before mine flew away. Can I still use my fpv and set the gopro to take pictures instead of record and still use my monitor for lining up shots?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Yes. As a matter of fact your GoPro can do both at same time (video and pics) Check the menu.

EMCSQUAR said:
Yes. As a matter of fact your GoPro can do both at same time (video and pics) Check the menu.
I would love to check my gopro but it flew away with my p2 h3 3d last week. sending my vision plus back to b&h on Monday and going back to my p2 and fpv.

Well not sure. I'm honestly not blaming the phantom or the pilot. I live in SE michigan and there is a company called motorcitydroneco. Com. I called them and we met up so he could install my fpv. I got it back a few days later calibrated imu and compass and all was great. Took it out for the first time went up 30 meters and out 130m. I was in the middle of a corn field that was 165 acres. I was losing fpv real bad at 130m. I started to bring it back and got to 115m and lost fpv signal and the p2 went flying full steam due south. This all happened within 2 minutes on a full battery so there is no telling how far it went. No tall trees or buildings so really no telling how far it went. I called motor city done company and Aaron the owner was NO help and pretty much said stuff happens. In all I paid him $687 and filed a claim with PayPal which I'm sure won't work. You know I guess I blame myself for not doing the install myself.

Detroit said:
Well not sure. I'm honestly not blaming the phantom or the pilot. I live in SE michigan and there is a company called motorcitydroneco. Com. I called them and we met up so he could install my fpv. I got it back a few days later calibrated imu and compass and all was great. Took it out for the first time went up 30 meters and out 130m. I was in the middle of a corn field that was 165 acres. I was losing fpv real bad at 130m. I started to bring it back and got to 115m and lost fpv signal and the p2 went flying full steam due south. This all happened within 2 minutes on a full battery so there is no telling how far it went. No tall trees or buildings so really no telling how far it went. I called motor city done company and Aaron the owner was NO help and pretty much said stuff happens. In all I paid him $687 and filed a claim with PayPal which I'm sure won't work. You know I guess I blame myself for not doing the install myself.

I have done continuous picture mode on my gopro with P2. It works and you can see your live fpv stream. Everytime it takes a picture (every 5, 10 seconds or whatever you set it to on the gopro) the screen does go black for a second, but at least it lets you know when the pictures are being taken.

Sorry this happened to you with motor city. I was reading the classified thread where Mike posted and it truly sucks that you had to loose the thing and got no help for it. I feel bad.

i use my GoPro set in dual mode, can only use 1080 but also takes a picture every 10seconds

p fandango said:
i use my GoPro set in dual mode, can only use 1080 but also takes a picture every 10seconds

There is a duel mode? I have the silver3+, I didn't know I had duel mode.

Only 1080? You must have the black and shoot in 4k..

helishmeli said:
p fandango said:

There is a duel mode? I have the silver3+, I didn't know I had duel mode.

Only 1080? You must have the black and shoot in 4k..

No dual mode for the Silver+.....only black

Please note the GoPro H3+ can only take photos while shooting video with settings:
1440p - 24fps
1080p - 30fps
1080p - 24fps
720p - 60fps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj