FPV Camera / Mission Planner

Reaction score
The latest update for iOS just made my day.
Since I live in a mountain area this makes it so easy to set elevation.

Terrain elevation is crucial for planning and flying in mountain area, especially autonomous waypoint flights. It helps judging elevation of mountain or valley without guesswork for waypoint mission planning. Terrain elevation is fully integrated in Mission Planner without requiring Google Earth nor other apps/tools.

• When "Show Elevation" option is enabled in Settings menu and with internet connection, Mission Planner would retrieve elevation data from multiple DEM (Digital Elevation Model) sources automatically. Additional Home Elevation, Waypoint Elevation, Target (POI) Elevation and AFE (Above Field Elevation) values are shown on the map. When you save a mission, elevation of all waypoints, targets and panoramas are also saved in mission file accordingly for offline use.

Reactions: PVFlyer
Good feature. Anyway Litchi also displays elevation of each waypoint with respect to waypoint 1

Completion will make these apps perfect for us.

The beauty of this terrain elevation is fully integrated into the app. It doesn't need Google Earth, Google Map nor other web browser tools. It shows elevation and above ground level (AGL) of all waypoint/POI/panorama at a glance on the map instead of checking each elevation one by one.

In many occasions, I need to change waypoint and home point in the field for various reasons. The built-in terrain elevation let me know the elevation and waypoint AGL right away within the app.

IMG_0410_800.jpg

Last edited:
I took a look at some of my saved waypoint missions to check the elevations.

I always looked at Google Earth in the past to check elevation.

Now all the info is right there, the actual elevation, the elevation I input, and the difference
between the two.

I can now easily keep my birds elevation where I want it without guessing whether I'm dropping into a
valley or heading over mountain ridges.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: PVFlyer
I have not looked into the battery save feature yet and getting the most mileage out of your battery.

Exactly how does that work?

Is that something a waypoint mission can use or only when your manually flying.

I have not looked into the battery save feature yet and getting the most mileage out of your battery.

Exactly how does that work?

Is that something a waypoint mission can use or only when your manually flying.
I think you are referring to Battery Consumption meter. It's only available in Camera mode under Settings menu. It shows real-time mAh/km (Metric) or mAh/mi (Imperial) in Battery Meter upon takeoff for optimizing economy cruise speed. It's similar to fuel economy (such as MPG or Litres/100km) of a car. The lower the value, the better battery consumption economy. When hovering with zero travel distance, battery consumption is the worst 9999 mAh/km.

This is designed for those long range junkie who need to fly the longest range per battery and squeeze all the performance of their gears. Experienced pilots know maximum pitch forward joystick (the highest speed) might not be the best battery economy, especially in windy condition.

You may also show pitch stick movement in Custom Telemetry. This is useful to let pilots know how much pitch stick applied in conjunction with real-time Battery Consumption to optimize economy travel per battery.

Reactions: Leenanj
I took a look at some of my saved waypoint missions to check the elevations.

I always looked at Google Earth in the past to check elevation.

Now all the info is right there, the actual elevation, the elevation I input, and the difference
between the two.

I can now easily keep my birds elevation where I want it without guessing whether I'm dropping into a
valley or heading over mountain ridges.

Keep up the good work!
When you get the elevation data and save the old missions (created by previous version FPV Camera) again, the elevation is also saved in the mission file for offline use. In many occasions, there is no internet connection in the field especially in mountain terrain.

Reactions: Leenanj
When you get the elevation data and save the old missions (created by previous version FPV Camera) again, the elevation is also saved in the mission file for offline use. In many occasions, there is no internet connection in the field especially in mountain terrain.

Yes I noticed that it saves all data. I find it extremely valuable when setting my missions.

I also checked most of my saved missions and was able to fine tune the elevation for best elevation.

I have been looking to buy either Litchi or Mission planner, but see on the reviews that they say mission planner does not come "complete" and you have to shell some extra cash for the full program, is this true??

I have been looking to buy either Litchi or Mission planner, but see on the reviews that they say mission planner does not come "complete" and you have to shell some extra cash for the full program, is this true??
Mission Planner is an in-app purchase in FPV Camera app as stated clearly in App Store description. Some people might rush buying without even read a single line of description then posted a bad comment to blame the in-app purchase, though it's inevitable.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl