FPV bosscam RX-LCD 5802 and emmersion compatibility

I figured it out! :mrgreen:

A combination of moves got me where I believe that I need to be.

1) I moved the transmitter antenna as shown in my earlier photo.
2) I moved the helical to Antenna A and the pinwheel to Antenna B.
3) My ImmersionRC 600 transmitter is set to Channel 1. According to my Boscam RX-LCD5802 chart that matches up perfectly to D-1. I forced the Boscam to go to that channel as it seemed it was skipping it when scanning the channels. I double checked that when in single channel mode both A&B are on D-1 as well.

The winds died down this morning and the skies were crystal clear. I increased my ceiling to 325' up just to make sure I had a clear line of sight at all times where I was flying. I launched in a wide open field and headed due west. 400m ... clear. 600m ... clear. 800m ... clear! I pushed it out to right at 1000m with barely a line ever showing up on the screen! I did a complete 360 degree rotation at 1000m again with barely a line on the screen ... WOO HOO! :cool: I then flew back to myself and this time took off out over my woods. At 500m trees blocked the quad from my line of sight but I pressed on (over woods and then open fields). I got out to just shy of 700 yards with trees between me and the quad and only an occasional wiggle in the screen image! I flew various passes with trees blocking my line of sight (again over woods and open fields at all times) and held an extremely good image on my screen with only the occasional wiggle. I could not be happier with the set up at this point!

I have another location where I can fly almost 1 mile over open fields with clear line of sight. I plan on seeing just how far I can push this set up as soon as I get a chance on a clear calm day.

A very happy flier today! :cool:

glad to hear it mate. that definitely reinforces the concept of matching frequencies and setting your channel properly manually instead of scanning. scanning never seems to work right.

newdayoutdoors said:
I have another location where I can fly almost 1 mile over open fields with clear line of sight. I plan on seeing just how far I can push this set up as soon as I get a chance on a clear calm day.

A very happy flier today! :cool:
That's great, and a good feeling when you get that first real distance!! congrats..I myself can get 1600M before I lose my sight, It don't seem to matter what altitude I am at so long as I'm 100M at that distance. What was your altitude when you flew today?

I run my TS353 on channel 1 which is 5705, so I run my RX-LCD5802 on (checks chart) C-1, which is 5705. I don't even get signal on any other channel much less BETTER signal heh.

so, which transmitter do you have (ImmersionRC600 right?) and which channel is it on?[/quote]
QYV, That was my post about the different freq. working better for me. My transmitter was on channel 7 (5860mhz) and my receiver was on channel A (5865) when I tuned to channel D7 (5860) the distance was short! I don't know how or why but it was! Now I have tuned my transmitter back to channel 1( 5740) and tuned my receiver to D1 (5740) and it works great and is the best signal as I was testing by manually selecting different one at that distance.. 1600M seems to be my limit, have you gotten farther with your set up?
Yes by the way I am using the immersion 600Watt transmitter.

fastmovn1 said:
What was your altitude when you flew today?

325 feet up.

fastmovn1 said:
1600M seems to be my limit, have you gotten farther with your set up?
Yes by the way I am using the immersion 600Watt transmitter.

a little, yea. I run a TS353 and I've been out to around 1800m with perfect FPV... that was in a zero-interference environment off the side of a mountain.

This thread was a great help to me. Maybe a mod can correct the spelling of Emmersion to Immersion for future?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj