FPV booster

Reaction score
Has anyone used the newest FPV Booster for Vision +. By Solomon mobile technology ltd? All of the reviews say its great. According to the description it appears to be used in place of dji vision app and records flight data....
Any info or comments would be appreciated... Does it work dies it cause any problems?

I prefer the DJI Ultimate app overall. Then the Vision Pilot app is turning into a nice app.

I use the FPV Booster. Here you can see a video-demontration of the Flight-tracker. I have no problems using the FPV-Booster

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQCCVuW734[/youtube]

flyNfrank said:
I prefer the DJI Ultimate app overall. Then the Vision Pilot app is turning into a nice app.

So in making this statement, that you prefer "the Ultimate app" am I to understand that you have also used the FPV V3 app?
BTW: latest version V3, is for IOS and have tracking/log.

Yes, just Android.

msinger said:
Yes, just Android.

The OP asking specifically about this app, but someone (Frank) is responding he prefers another app without any reason why this is so, or if he has actually tried it. Hence my question.

Frank seems to post responses without reading the original question or comment it's been done to another posting of mine he asked questions and made suggestions that made it obvious he didn't even read my original post... Thanks for the input and the video link

I'm puzzled with this thread . I use the fpv booster for vision 2 plus from Solomon and it is used in conjunction with the dji vision app, not in place of it. I've had a look at google play store and I can't find the "later" version that is being referred to. The "fpv booster app for the phantom vision 2 plus" offered on google play store is release 2.2

Perhaps the app with the inbuilt flight logger either isn't yet offered world wide or the name of it is not the "fpv booster for vision 2 plus"

Now solved this little mystery, this thread relates to the ios version, apple only, version 3.1, I missed that significant point, added as a BTW from Cougar. The android version is the one I use and it is as described in para 1, quite a different beast in what it offers to the ios version 3. Incidentally I've tried Android version of fpv booster with the android only ultimate flight app that also gained a mention in this thread and it seemed to work. I haven't yet checked it with the UF app over any significant distance yet though.

I can only assume that the original poster was unaware that what he asked about is, at the moment, ios only. It seems I wasn't the only one initially confused by the posting.

Will be interesting to look at once Solomon get round to offering a similar release for Android phones.

HeisenbergAR15 said:
Frank seems to post responses without reading the original question or comment it's been done to another posting of mine he asked questions and made suggestions that made it obvious he didn't even read my original post... Thanks for the input and the video link

That's very possible. Especially if I posted in the thread early on, lost track of the thread, and then didn't read through any pages in between to get caught up. Btw, I wouldn't respond directly to your original OP if someone else has already answered it. I would just post as in addition to what someone else has said. I can also not post by selecting the quote option and then others post response before I get my response finished making it seem like I'm out of phase with the flow of the thread. When that happens, I never look to see what others post when the board rejects your response to show you other post were made in case you might want to redo or add to before sending.

And here is the best excuse I have for your comment... I have been known to fall asleep while responding, and wake up later and try to add to the response so I can send it.

cougar said:
flyNfrank said:

So in making this statement, that you prefer "the Ultimate app" am I to understand that you have also used the FPV V3 app?

I was just wanted to point out (without details) that there was other app options out there. I'm not clear on what IOS and tracking/log had to do with your question and my response?

Dartmoor Dave said:
Will be interesting to look at once Solomon get round to offering a similar release for Android phones.

Try the Vision Pilot app for android. I'm sure you will find many similarities. Btw, if it doesn't have the same options, it probably will eventually.

flyNfrank said:
HeisenbergAR15 said:

That's very possible. Especially if I posted in the thread early on, lost track of the thread, and then didn't read through any pages in between to get caught up. Btw, I wouldn't respond directly to your original OP if someone else has already answered it. I would just post as in addition to what someone else has said. I can also not post by selecting the quote option and then others post response before I get my response finished making it seem like I'm out of phase with the flow of the thread. When that happens, I never look to see what others post when the board rejects your response to show you other post were made in case you might want to redo or add to before sending.

And here is the best excuse I have for your comment... I have been known to fall asleep while responding, and wake up later and try to add to the response so I can send it.

cougar said:
flyNfrank said:

I was just wanted to point out (without details) that there was other app options out there. I'm not clear on what IOS and tracking/log had to do with your question and my response?

My comment was to politely point out that your response had zero value to the OP's question since he asked about an IOS app.
I do however have this app (3.1) and it is a great app.

cougar said:
My comment was to politely point out that your response had zero value to the OP's question since he asked about an IOS app.
I do however have this app (3.1) and it is a great app.

There was no mention in the original post that he was referring to the IOS app. I too was confused at what was being asked since I have the 2.2 app running on the android. I was wondering if there were 2 apps with the same name until someone else posted that it was referring to the IOS version. Perhaps the app creator should distinguish the two by offering different app names? Maybe? Just the same, I am amazed at how often I see responses like yours on this forum. So quick to point out how some people may have mis-understood a question or they come back with some pissiy response like yours for no apparent reason. This is a pretty good forum, with a lot of good advise. I just wish there was a way of politely bypassing ******* comments like yours automatically. I am sure you feel the same right now!

I love the app and have switched to using it all the time as i dont do any ground station flights. I like to have control. Love the data loger the best no add ons no extra weight no conections to come lose.and the wifi wond is very helpful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 342
I use the Booster App only to boost my Vision Plus, I don't take off without doing that first. I then use the DJI vision app during flight for all other functions and have not paid to add the other functionality to the Booster app...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj