FPV Booster v3.1.1 + Firmware Update Assist

Reaction score
Guys,
I've been flying this incredible "bird" for about 3 months now. I've spent many years flying stunt copters but this is so much more relaxing not to mention more straightforward. I have two questions and hope you guys can help me out as I value and respect your time and willingness to assist.

1) I have yet not upgraded the firmware for my P2V+ because my coworker told me her husband upgraded the firmware and can no longer receive video from the camera on his P2V+ so I'm somewhat "gun-shy" in terms of upgrading the firmware. I'm not sure what advantage the firmware will give me but my bird seems to fly just fine and I've had about 21 successful flights to date.......please enlighten me.....should I perform a firmware update?

2) I purchased FPV Booster v3.1.1 a few weeks ago and it's not clear to me how to use it exactly? On the UI it has action buttons for "FPV Camera", "Booster", "Flight Tracker", "Find My Phantom", and "About". How do I use the Booster feature and secondly when I press the "FPV Camera" button, I'm prompted to purchase another app....come on guys is this some money making scam app? I really just wanted to take advantage of the range booster but the flight tracker does seem interesting but you have buy the "FPV Camera" add-on. Someone please break it down so that I can fully follow what's going on here.

Finally fellows I'm not trying to get something for nothing as I'm a former Army Airborne desert fighter that proudly served in the U.S. military and would do it again, so I realize that these app developers have to make a living but I just can't figure out the FPV Booster app with the add-on(s) and could really use your help. If you guys say buy the add-on by all means I will do so, but I need to know how to properly configure these pieces.

Hooah!

Supreme2u

Guys,
I've been flying this incredible "bird" for about 3 months now. I've spent many years flying stunt copters but this is so much more relaxing not to mention more straightforward. I have two questions and hope you guys can help me out as I value and respect your time and willingness to assist.

1) I have yet not upgraded the firmware for my P2V+ because my coworker told me her husband upgraded the firmware and can no longer receive video from the camera on his P2V+ so I'm somewhat "gun-shy" in terms of upgrading the firmware. I'm not sure what advantage the firmware will give me but my bird seems to fly just fine and I've had about 21 successful flights to date.......please enlighten me.....should I perform a firmware update?

2) I purchased FPV Booster v3.1.1 a few weeks ago and it's not clear to me how to use it exactly? On the UI it has action buttons for "FPV Camera", "Booster", "Flight Tracker", "Find My Phantom", and "About". How do I use the Booster feature and secondly when I press the "FPV Camera" button, I'm prompted to purchase another app....come on guys is this some money making scam app? I really just wanted to take advantage of the range booster but the flight tracker does seem interesting but you have buy the "FPV Camera" add-on. Someone please break it down so that I can fully follow what's going on here.

Finally fellows I'm not trying to get something for nothing as I'm a former Army Airborne desert fighter that proudly served in the U.S. military and would do it again, so I realize that these app developers have to make a living but I just can't figure out the FPV Booster app with the add-on(s) and could really use your help. If you guys say buy the add-on by all means I will do so, but I need to know how to properly configure these pieces.

Hooah!

Supreme2u

I go to booster and select smart. Then I open the dji or litchi app and the booster works with them.

Mark

Thanks Mark for taking the time to share. Could someone please share their thoughts on performing a firmware update. My P2V+ flies just fine and I don't want to do a firmware update and screw things up. As a technical guy, firmware updates are supposed to add functionality and enhance the code/hardware NOT screw things up. Prior to releasing firmware updates the update itself should be thoroughly tested first to prevent problems with the end user.

Supreme2u

I go to booster and select smart. Then I open the dji or litchi app and the booster works with them.

Mark
Using fpv booster + litchi is useless because litchi already has wifi booster inside and works great

Thanks Mark for taking the time to share. Could someone please share their thoughts on performing a firmware update. My P2V+ flies just fine and I don't want to do a firmware update and screw things up. As a technical guy, firmware updates are supposed to add functionality and enhance the code/hardware NOT screw things up. Prior to releasing firmware updates the update itself should be thoroughly tested first to prevent problems with the end user.

Supreme2u
Download the windows driver and phantom assist from the dji site.
Goto firmware page but DO NOT update. Find out what firmware you have.
You need the phantom assist for your phantom but you don't need the latest firmware to fly.

Using fpv booster + litchi is useless because litchi already has wifi booster inside and works great

I've used litchi with litchi booster. I get more range using litchi , litchi booster & fpv booster

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.