FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Available

Re: FPV Booster for Vision (non-plus) Beta Testing

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
Thanks again to you both for the help and test. Will send another build tomorrow to capture further details.

Ok, looking forward to it.

Geert./.
We updated the build. Can you download & test it again, and see what's the error code?

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
We updated the build. Can you download & test it again, and see what's the error code?

There is no error code this time.
connecting ...boosting 10% .....boosting 90% and then the app stops, the app close itself.
No further message.

Geert./.
Good, 90% means repeater boosting completed. We need to fix the aircraft end in the same way. Will keep you posted once update available.

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
Good, 90% means repeater boosting completed. We need to fix the aircraft end in the same way. Will keep you posted once update available.

OK, thanks
You may download & install again. Hope it can complete the whole boosting process this time.

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
You may download & install again. Hope it can complete the whole boosting process this time.

Ok, I will test it outside in the field and report back.

Geert./.
Great, for those sent udid earlier, you may download & install the beta at the same link I posted earlier.

Geert said:
After my second flight with FPV Booster I wanted to test it again and make sure the app was open.
So I tried, without power cycle the Phantom, to tap "Boost" again.
After boost 10% ...90% I saw a warning " Cannot connect to Vision #110", probably because I was still connected.
Just giving you the message.

Geert./.
Thanks again. It looks something wrong obviously. We will lab & field test it later to identify the issue.

Geert said:
Here are my test results.

- flight in open field
- 640x480 15fps
- altitude 50 meter
- followed the same path for both flights

without booster app I lost FPV at 343 meter
with booster app I lost FPV at 392 meter

Geert./.

Had about the same results. I've got mod antenna's on the RE500 and the Vision so my distances are different. Didn't see much difference between boosted and unboosted. Actually I did the boosted test first, then the unboosted test next. Being in a heavy wifi area I was surprised at the distance before loosing wifi signal . Don't usually get that far in that area. Turned everything off before unboosted test assuming RE500 went back to stock form.

-Area heavy wifi. Good LOS
-640x480 15fps
-altitude 150ft
-same path for both flights
-non-boosted 3000ft. FPV didn't return until 2000ft
-boosted 3038ft. FPV returned 2900ft.

enterprise1 said:
Geert said:
Here are my test results.

- flight in open field
- 640x480 15fps
- altitude 50 meter
- followed the same path for both flights

without booster app I lost FPV at 343 meter
with booster app I lost FPV at 392 meter

Geert./.

Had about the same results. I've got mod antenna's on the RE500 and the Vision so my distances are different. Didn't see much difference between boosted and unboosted. Actually I did the boosted test first, then the unboosted test next. Being in a heavy wifi area I was surprised at the distance before loosing wifi signal . Don't usually get that far in that area. Turned everything off before unboosted test assuming RE500 went back to stock form.

-640x480 15fps
-altitude 150ft
-non-boosted 3000ft. FPV didn't return until 2000ft
-boosted 3038ft. FPV returned 2900ft.
Thanks for the update. I suspect the key booster component couldn't be loaded onto RE500 properly without the INSTALL process. Smart Boost component seems working fine on the aircraft end to recover FPV quicker when you flew back in range. We will investigate the whole BOOSTING process. I really prefer the simple 1-click BOOST process instead of adding INSTALL & UNINSTALL buttons.

My P2V is all stock. I Went out test today. I'm doing 2 test....
- Stock Re-500....getting around 800 Feet
- Stock RE-500 with FPV boost app....around 982 feet...

Geert said:
fc40boy said:

There seems to be some problems with this app but there are working on it .....

Geert./.
Thanks for the updates. The 20% improvement is insignificant though we lower 80% TX power on RE500. We probably identified the problem, and we may need to add a soft-reset on RE500 Wifi after boosted to ensure the booster taking effect. This will bring a bit inconvenience that you will need to reconnect the Phantom_XXXXXX after soft-reset RE500. In general, Wifi would reconnect automatically if no other "remembered" Wifi hotspot around.

We will update the beta after successful field test, and let you all know once available.

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:
fc40boy said:

There seems to be some problems with this app but there are working on it .....

Geert./.
Thanks for the updates. The 20% improvement is insignificant though we lower 80% TX power on RE500. We probably identified the problem, and we may need to add a soft-reset on RE500 Wifi after boosted to ensure the booster taking effect. This will bring a bit inconvenience that you will need to reconnect the Phantom_XXXXXX after soft-reset RE500. In general, Wifi would reconnect automatically if no other "remembered" Wifi hotspot around.

We will update the beta after successful field test, and let you all know once available.
Please update the app to B# 1.0 at the same link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1830957/fpv-booster-beta/vision.html

You may need to check Wifi connection after boosted, while the soft-reset of RE500 may take a few seconds or so. I suggest to boost & test it at home first, until you see "Your FPV is boosted..." message.

Had no problem using app B# 1.0 at home. Wifi connection was fine. Won't get a test flight in until Friday. Question, is the booster app. tweaking both the RE500 and the camera tx wifi?

enterprise1 said:
Had no problem using app B# 1.0 at home. Wifi connection was fine. Won't get a test flight in until Friday. Question, is the booster app. tweaking both the RE500 and the camera tx wifi?
On B# 1.0, we lower RE500 Wifi TX power from 100mW to 30mW and P2V camera remains unchanged at 100mW.

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:
On B# 1.0, we lower RE500 Wifi TX power from 100mW to 30mW and P2V camera remains unchanged at 100mW.

Thanks PVFlyer. Does the booster program check to see if camera tx is actually 100mW or are you inputting the 100mW into the program. Reason I ask this is many pilots are achieving different wifi ranges with completely stock Visions. Something has to be causing this variability. Just wondering if it was camera tx signal.

enterprise1 said:
PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:

Thanks PVFlyer. Does the booster program check to see if camera tx is actually 100mW or are you inputting the 100mW into the program. Reason I ask this is many pilots are achieving different wifi ranges with completely stock Visions. Something has to be causing this variability. Just wondering if it was camera tx signal.
Yes, we load a Smart Boost component into P2V camera to keep monitoring whether TX power is 20dBm (100mW) every 5 seconds. The Smart Boost component was first introduced for Vision+ booster, while we only use 13dBm (20mW) on Vision+.

PVFlyer said:
Please update the app to B# 1.0 at the same link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1830957/fpv-booster-beta/vision.html

You may need to check Wifi connection after boosted, while the soft-reset of RE500 may take a few seconds or so. I suggest to boost & test it at home first, until you see "Your FPV is boosted..." message.
We further updated the latest B# 0.2 at the same link. This beta will overwrite the previous one. It keeps both RE500 and P2V camera the same 100mW without lowering the TX power, which seems with slightly better performance.

Boosting procedure works well now, hopefully tommorow i will manage to fly and test the range.

Re: FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Beta Testing

Test flight for B#0.2 went about the same as my previous test. Again both boosted and stock flights went farther then what I expected. Wifi interfence in this area is usually quite variable. Generally I can only expect around 2200ft range without using amps.

-640x480 15fps
-altitude 150ft
-non-boosted 3200ft. FPV didn't return until 2800ft
-boosted 3290ft.+ FPV returned 3000ft. get n/a range on firmware 1.08 after 3300ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31