FPV Booster App

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know where I can get a version of this which will work with IOS 6.1.6 as I have an iPod Touch V4 which I would like to use. This iPod will not upgrade above 6.1.6 unless jailbroken :( hence the request.
Internet searches keep taking me back to the App Store.

Thanks to the forum for the mods to allow any camera on a P2v+ , mine is giving telemetry/video :)on a Samsung Galaxy tablet which is a little large for mounting on the tx.

I am not at all in favor of using booster apps as boosting the tx signal increases heat. Heat is just waiting for a failure. These units are already designed to use the appropriate signal strength for the end use. It's like adding Nos to your car engine, really boots the speed but definately shortens engine life. Look at some of the antenna mods I'd you need to increase range.

The only thing that gets "boosted" with these apps. is the sellers bank account!

This is incorrect.

I am not at all in favor of using booster apps as boosting the tx signal increases heat. ...

Obviously, DJI has already done the research and has determined that its dbs setting on the transmission is what is ideal for a craft being sold to the general public world wide so that returns would be minimal.

We know the transmitters create heat. We know they are cooled by air. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assume that their settings predetermined by DJO are relatively safe to fly on a hot summer day. We assume DJI has already determined that it is safe. What is a hot summer day? Let's say 96 degrees F.

Let's say it's 76 degrees F.

IMO, it's reasonably safe to push the dbs on the transmitter due to the cooler air temperature. I wouldn't push it to the max, but I'd push it a little if I needed to.

Now let's say it's 56 degrees F.

I can push the dbs a little more.

Now it's 36 degrees F.

Now I can push the dbs even further if I needed to, and I can do it relatively safely.

Six months later it's 106 F and I really really want to fly. It might be wise to pull the dbs the other way - to an even safer (cooler) dbs - to protect the transmitter.

I bought the app to try and get telemetry and camera as in the "Add any camera too your Pv2+ with telemetry" thread. The mod works with Android but not iOS . Why ?? By the way I have asked for a refund on the app as no proof it actually boosts anything. All I want is to see telemetry/camera (Gopro) but with an old iPod touch. Will ask question in above mentioned forum thread. Thanks to all for the advice and points taken.

Have anyone came up with a solution to iPod Touch generation 4 and the DJI phantom 2 Vision+ on mine the app doesn't even start up I've tried it on two different iPod and its the same I'm running 6.1.6

Nice too see someone else with older technology. I have the mod mentioned elsewhere working with a Samsung Galaxy Tab/Gopro setup but try getting the Galaxy into the holder on the Tx.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik