FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

I recommend waiting with the app release for a bit until the new firmware with waypoints comes out though....maybe dji will patch your fix in the future...you never know.

borgqueenx said:
I recommend waiting with the app release for a bit until the new firmware with waypoints comes out though....maybe dji will patch your fix in the future...you never know.
Have you heard any rumors when we might expect the waypoint feature release of the app?

PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only
C. Both iOS and Android device

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.

B Android Only

srandall25 said:
borgqueenx said:
Have you heard any rumors when we might expect the waypoint feature release of the app?
2-3 weeks to go maximum according to the news i heard from their facebook and emails.
And they already said on someone's facebook page that they were playing with the waypoint features.
I think they wouldn't post that if it would be far away from release.

PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.
I use both, but switched recently to unrooted nexus 7 for FPV

PVFlyer said:

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only

B) Android only. Used a Note 3 to fly my Vision. Just purchased a Note 8 with the intention of using it on the Vision+ when it arrives.

And I'd be willing to pay a bit more than $5 for the app if it were released for Android first... maybe others would too, to make it more lucrative to go with Android first. ;)

borgqueenx said:
srandall25 said:
borgqueenx said:
2-3 weeks to go maximum according to the news i heard from their facebook and emails.
And they already said on someone's facebook page that they were playing with the waypoint features.
I think they wouldn't post that if it would be far away from release.

The waypoint feature is already available in ground station app.

are you saying it would also be put into the vision app?

Yes i am saying that.
And let's wsee where they release first. Your argument about paying more is not valid. More people use android to save costs and dont want to give so much for a ios platform.
Ios got the money spenders, this is why most games are on ios first or only.
However i am not going to pay a scam price ofcource. 5-10 is the maximum you should ask IMO.

The waypoint feature is already available in ground station app.

are you saying it would also be put into the vision app?
DJI has already said the Ground Station app would not be available to the Vision+; however, they plan to put the features of the Ground Station app in the native Vision app.

borgqueenx said:

I don't think this is a bug in the firmware. DJI coded it explicitly in the firmware to lower the RF power output.

PVFlyer said:
borgqueenx said:

I don't think this is a bug in the firmware. DJI coded it explicitly in the firmware to lower the RF power output.
Im not saying its a bug. Im saying dji might not like this tweak and prevent it from working in the future^^

I fly mine with a Note 3 using HDMI out into zest OLED goggles

I fly mine with a Note 3 using HDMI out into ZEISS OLED goggles

Oh, oh, oh
A or B or C?
I pick D! You release the app. I will use what ever is needed. Plus don't mind a charge.
Just my 2 cents

B ... Android only ... and we have like 70% of the market share right now so why not just keep doing what you're doing and then work on iOS to get some extra once the money starts flowing in from the playstore.

I think you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot by stalling... strike while the iron is hot... you showed an app that is functioning and does the job... release it to the playstore... THEN work on all your extra features... keep your customers happy by releasing updates with these extras that you talked about a few pages back... it won't be long before the fever dies down or another version comes along and you guys could be cranking out the downloads as we speak :!: :ugeek:

If and when you release a tweaked DJI app it would be ludicrous for it to be JUST one one platform vs another. Maybe which version comes out first vs one or the other is more pratical and fair. People fly equally on both and it would be a shame to leave anyone out in the cold.

Whatever you do just take your time and do the app right. I look forward to trying the app and seeing the results.

Anyone notice any difference in wifi connectivity and image quality of FPV between devices? My iPhone 5s is too small... My iPad mini is too big.. The picture is so crappy on the iPad mini that it's not worth using. My parents have a Nexus 7 they never use so I'm thinking about borrowing that but if it is the same as the iPad mini it's not worth it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik