FPV app compatible devices

Reaction score
Hey Guys, first post here. I'm definitely a newbie to drones, so a little patience please. I ordered my FC40 last night and have spent all day reading and re-reading the downloaded User Guides. I see where the FPV app is for smartphones, but can it be used on a tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1? I don't use a smartphone, so I hope this will work. I also am having a bit of confusion over the difference between Home Lock and Course Lock. I've watched dozens of videos that attempt to both explain and demonstrate each, but the explanations are a bit confusing and at times, contradictory. I just started flying about two weeks ago with a Dromida Kodo and had so much fun, I thought I'd move up to a real machine. Any suggestions or links you may be able to provide to help me understand these two features of the transmitter would be most appreciated. I get my unit in about a week, so I'm eagerly digesting all the information I can get my hands on beforehand. Thanks in advance...

The FC40 APP should work on most Android devices. Just download from the Google APP store directly to the device. Just for giggles I side loaded the APP APK file to my Amazon Fire TV and it even work good on that. Now I can fly My Phantom from in the living room and FPV on my 58" plazma TV.

In Home Lock the Phantom will go away from home pushing the stick away and come towards home when pulling the stick back, regardless of the direction its facing or whether its in front of or behind you.

In Course Lock the direction Phantom is facing when GPS lock and home point is set will be the direction of travel when the stick is pushed forward.

IMPORTANT: Highly suggest to enable return to home feature while your in the NAZA software enabling IOC for Home and Course Lock.
Return to home has saved my Phantom many times after flying beyond visual range.

Thanks Ramz for your reply. I'll probably have more questions as I progress.

The FC40 FPV app seems to work on most any tablet android tablet I have tried it on that has wifi. and it works on all kindles to but needs to be side loaded on to a kindle.

Thanks J. James, er...., "side loaded" ??? I'm a PC tech, but not real familiar with tablets. Thanks again.

I have both a smart phone and the tab 2 tablet. For us older guys, the larger screen is perfect. It gets a little old holding the transmitter and the tab 2. On the internet, you can purchase a mount that will attach the tab 2 and the transmitter. Otherwise you can make your own style of mount.

On a kindle to sideload some thing is basically just being able to load an ap from another source then the kindle app store. There is an ap[ called 1moble that can be used to search for and install regular android apps. So to side load the FC40 app on a kindle you just need to get the 1mobil app first from the kindle app store. Then once thats installed you use it to find and install the fc40 app

J.James said:
On a kindle to sideload some thing is basically just being able to load an ap from another source then the kindle app store. There is an ap[ called 1moble that can be used to search for and install regular android apps. So to side load the FC40 app on a kindle you just need to get the 1mobil app first from the kindle app store. Then once thats installed you use it to find and install the fc40 app

Thanks for this. Was wondering what side loading is myself :D

J. James,
Thanks, that was very informative. Things have gone south here quickly. I placed my order on Ebay on the 21st, item shipped on the 22nd, but there is no tracking number available. The seller is not responding to repeated requests for info, and the seller's phone number provided by Ebay goes to a disconnect recording. My dreams of owning an FC40 for less than four bills are seemingly going up in smoke, ...er, I mean vapor :)

Some sellers dont get back to any one in a timely manner. But if some one was selling an FC40 for under 4 bills if it was new sounds a lil bit fishy. But Hopefully you paid threw paypal. If the item was supposedly shipped but dont show up with in a week file a dispute.

BTW was it from a selling in Gainesville, Georgia? or the one in tenn. ? if either of them dont hold your breath cause they both listed and sold 10 of them for way sell then they sell for and have almost no feed back except one of them haveing recent feed back from some one else getting ripped off. v

Hey J. James,
Neither one. The actual seller was Jordan Fox from Illinois, but when I read the PayPal receipt, it went to a Jessica Cooley, which is another anomaly in this drama. I'm going to the local postal station tomorrow morning (the last day in the expected delivery date range) and if it's not there, I'll start the refund claim through Ebay. An Ebay rep already told me I was 100% covered for a refund and would not lose my money. The cheapest FC40 I can find online after about two days of research, is $499 from Newegg, so I guess I'll just have to pay $150 more and actually get what I order. Thanks for all your replies and support...

Ebay is pretty good about resolving stuff like that. best case scenario is that it does happen to show up even if you put in the claim you can always cancel it once you receive it and verify its working and has every thing included that its supposed to have with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers