Fpv antenna

Reaction score
Any recomendations on what type of antennas I should put on my Phantom 2 Vision camera? Also should I do any MOD on the Antennas on-the-go bird itself(the small grey ones in the landing gear) Thanks for any help...I'm a newbie

Welcome to the hobby and the site!

The very first thing you want to do is get rid of that dumb RE 500 and replace it with an RE 700. You can get them used for around $50 on eBay. Do that right away.

There are some really good threads in the P2V+ antenna mods forum. You will quickly learn there are two schools of thought - FPVLR antennas and ITELITE antennas. There is also the WINDSURFER antenna. If I was you, I'd do some reading and make a decision on which route you want to take. Let us know what you decide and any questions/problems you have. Good luck!

Reactions: dirkclod
Mark...
I have the RE500 MOD with the itelite panel. Should I still swap out for the RE700, and also do the MOD with the itelite panel antenna? In your opinion what antennas should I consider in the birdside? My main goal is FPV, however I'd still like to get about a mile in distance. Any recommendations? Thanks for the response

Oh. I thought you were brand new with stock.

IMO, the RE500 is a joke. Anybody who owns a P2V should retire their RE500 immediately and replace it with an RE700. That's the first thing they should do. Range will increase 50% instantly.

If you already have the ITELITE, then I think your next move is to find out what your range is with the RE700. You might be perfectly happy with it. You might get a mile out of it depending on where you fly it.

If you want to put on a birdside antenna to match the ITELITE, the consensus is you need the FPVLR dipoles. This is all discussed in the ITELITE thread mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes.

There are good videos on youtube showing you how to do it.

It's not that hard - just a little tricky. You might invest in some decent quality mod tools if you don't have them already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers