Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV and "still photos" screen black

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by wieland, Oct 27, 2014.

1. wieland

So, I am trying to do "still" shots with my go pro 4 on the phantom with Zenmus and the screen goes black on my monitor when I have it set for "time laps" photos. Everything works fine in video mode. Does it not have the capacity to show information while in time laps?

2. QYV

QYV

This is normal behavior. Whenever the Gopro snaps a picture, your FPV feed will go blank briefly. It happens whether you're in photo+video mode, or in timelapse.

3. Damon

Increase the time lapse to every 5 seconds to assist in FPV flying with slight "black out" in between stills.

4. knuckles

I have my gopro 3+ set to take video and photos at the same time and I don't get screen blackouts. I'm assuming the GP4 could do the same.
    I do notice when I try to take photos only every few seconds I did get the black screen as it takes the shots.

5. Pacific Barbarian

Re: FPV and "still photos" screen black

Photo video mode set to 5 seconds with Hero 3 there are no split second blackouts. Timelapse 5 seconds there is split second blackouts.

I quite like the split second blackouts in timelapse, I know exactly when a picture is taken, quite handy for lining up shots, moving on to the next.